What's on tap/brew schedule?

I celebrate all beers all year long
(Sorry all, as a non American, I know of thanks giving & christmas, but clueless about the others).

Anyway, I got a fermentation fridge going (finally) and brewed a Belgian blonde with MJ47.
Then, yesterday, I decided to do a quick Kveik wheat beer as we are having a bit of a heat wave. She was fermenting vigorously within 2 hours of underpitching!

Meanwhile, a batch of cider is ready
(and another batch got too hot for the yeast I used. I'll keep a couple of bottles to see if it improves and am going to try make cider vinegar out of the rest)
Anne, Celebration is a fresh hop beer brewed for around the holidays every year by Sierra Nevada brewing. I'm sure they weren't the first, but I know it's the first fresh hop brew I had many many years ago.

Yesterday, I tried my hand at a Non Ezymatic Mash (NEM aka Cold Mash). My goal is a low(er) carb beer with full flavor and body. There are other ways to achieve low carb beer but I wanted a malty body vs a watered down version.

It’s fermenting nicely. It’s already pushed the sanitizer out of the keg to purge it with CO2 for me. That’s a good overnight sign.

So… We’ll see.

4C72D037-03F2-427D-A382-2D29D286CAEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds interesting!
I'm going to have some choice of beers. Got into a bit of a brewing craze and with high temps and kveik Voss, it goes quick.
Got a Voss Belgian ale, a wheat, a cheapskate hazy wheat, and a MJ Belgian Abbaye (last 2 are carbing nicely).
Got a golden strong in the fermenter.

Voodoo Ranger likeness, Cascade Pale Ale and a year-old Black Currant Cider on tap Just brewed a Celebration IPA yesterday. Beer box stocked with Revision IPA, SN Dankful and Celebration and some PBR.

Last edited:
Well, the NEM Vienna was not successful. It tasted… weird. So, back to the drawing board. Today I brewed a Dark Mild in an effort to brew a low(er) carb beer.

285D4AD3-5A19-4FDE-9743-964F9A34056D.jpeg

It's finally not hot as heck down here so it's time for some bigger brews. It's awesome to hang out in the garage and enjoying a nice day. Imperial porter brewing up today. Should finish at about 8%.

Inlaws will be here in a month so in a couple weeks I'll brew up a dark mild with some clarity ferm for my gluten intolerant father in law. Cheers everyone!

The golden strong from.my last post got infected. It had a light pellicle on top.
I bottled anyway, just a quick bottle direct from spigot in 1 litre pet bottles.
Cleaned, sanitised, disinfected, disinfected again.
Then trial batch of cider from storebought apple juice. That came out fine, so back to brewing beer.

Strange enough, that infected beer is actually quite drinkable. Beautiful foam. Not sour like I expected. Still baffled

My new/used beer tap tower. It came equipped with glycol cooling option which I run cold water through it to drop the beer temps down to the same temperatures as the beer from my beer fridge.

1674612284565.jpeg

The golden strong from.my last post got infected. It had a light pellicle on top.
I bottled anyway, just a quick bottle direct from spigot in 1 litre pet bottles.
Cleaned, sanitised, disinfected, disinfected again.
Then trial batch of cider from storebought apple juice. That came out fine, so back to brewing beer.

Strange enough, that infected beer is actually quite drinkable. Beautiful foam. Not sour like I expected. Still baffled
From my experience infected beer gets worse over time.

My new/used beer tap tower. It came equipped with glycol cooling option which I run cold water through it to drop the beer temps down to the same temperatures as the beer from my beer fridge.

View attachment 65579
Ray, those look like standard bar taps. May I politely suggest that you consider swapping them out for forward seal taps? There are at least a couple of manufacturers, I use Perlicks here.

Edit: I stand corrected.... those are forward seal taps, aren't they?

Back