What's on tap/brew schedule?

Ray, those look like standard bar taps. May I politely suggest that you consider swapping them out for forward seal taps? There are at least a couple of manufacturers, I use Perlicks here.

Edit: I stand corrected.... those are forward seal taps, aren't they?
It's hard to tell but those are Perlicks with the flow control. I also upgraded my beer lines to double wall EVA Barrier tubing.

From my experience infected beer gets worse over time.
It's what I believe....
But this batch is becoming more and more drinkable.
Which makes me wonder whether this was an infection or something else. But what ;)
Not my best beer, but I'm happily drinking it

On hold for a bit here. My Hisense 9 cf dual chamber Keezer crapped out. Great keezer and I'll really miss having a second chamber to keep canned and bottled beverages in. Bought a 6.9 cf Hotpoint to take its place, a definite downgrade:( Got the old one torn down and sitting out back. Unsettled weather today so won't be picking the new one up until tomorrow. Meanwhile, cleaning faucets and shanks. Likely be 2 or 3 days before It's up & running so the 2 partial kegs I had on tap will sit in my fermentation fridge with the all-Mosaic pale ale that's ready to keg. All is not lost though. Stocked up on Celebration IPA Friday @ $13.99/12 pack.

On hold for a bit here. My Hisense 9 cf dual chamber Keezer crapped out. Great keezer and I'll really miss having a second chamber to keep canned and bottled beverages in. Bought a 6.9 cf Hotpoint to take its place, a definite downgrade:( Got the old one torn down and sitting out back. Unsettled weather today so won't be picking the new one up until tomorrow. Meanwhile, cleaning faucets and shanks. Likely be 2 or 3 days before It's up & running so the 2 partial kegs I had on tap will sit in my fermentation fridge with the all-Mosaic pale ale that's ready to keg. All is not lost though. Stocked up on Celebration IPA Friday @ $13.99/12 pack.
Got the new keezer up & running yesterday. It's 6.9 cf and a good fit for a 3 tap system. Even had room for a couple 12 packs of Celebration. Need to get my Mosaic Pale kegged and whip up a batch of cider for the wife now.
Keezer.jpg

Inside.jpg

Got the new keezer up & running yesterday. It's 6.9 cf and a good fit for a 3 tap system. Even had room for a couple 12 packs of Celebration. Need to get my Mosaic Pale kegged and whip up a batch of cider for the wife now.
View attachment 65964

View attachment 65965
Looks like the same freezer I have but I went with a collar instead. And I keep a 2.5 keg where your celebration is. Currently has ginger beer in the baby keg.

Mine's in a heavy traffic area, right inside the back door and at the end of the dining room table so faucets sticking out aren't an option.

You're makin' me feel better. Mine is tucked away behind my recliner & the bar. Biggest risk is the cats tippin' one of the taps in the collar.

I keep forgetting about this thread.
I'm playing around with a batch of cider and an oxebar 8 litre keg.
Never kegged before, so a fair bit to find out.
Got 'sort of de Koninck" in bottles, hopefully carbonated & conditioned by this weekend, and an American pale ale ready to drink (only a couple of bottles left)

I keep forgetting about this thread.
I'm playing around with a batch of cider and an oxebar 8 litre keg.
Never kegged before, so a fair bit to find out.
Got 'sort of de Koninck" in bottles, hopefully carbonated & conditioned by this weekend, and an American pale ale ready to drink (only a couple of bottles left)
If you are dispensing with CO2 I advise that you check for CO2 leaks to avoid loosing a tank of CO2.

For sure.
Seems pretty obvious though ;)

This keg has been naturally carbonated and is in the fridge now. But obviously I'll need CO2 to get it out.
Not going to keep the tank permanently attached though.

If you are dispensing with CO2 I advise that you check for CO2 leaks to avoid loosing a tank of CO2.
I lost a tank that way once. Also lost a full keg of triple decocted dopplebock due to a sticking picnic tap once. At least it was all inside the keezer. What a mess.

English dark mild brewing up today with clarity ferm preparing for my father in laws arrival. Gee, I can't wait. If anyone needs me I'll probably be drunk for most of March.

Back