What's on tap/brew schedule?

Hey!!!! Didnt know we had a homebrew thread! Nothing new brewing currently, but soon!

Attachments

• 20211207_184122.jpg
    20211207_184122.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211207_184136.jpg
    20211207_184136.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211125_103710.jpg
    20211125_103710.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210927_123959.jpg
    20210927_123959.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 7
I need to get my act together and bottle my brews.
But 41 oC means I rather drink beer than bottle it...

I need to get my act together and bottle my brews.
But 41 oC means I rather drink beer than bottle it...
That’s what kegs are for. Attach a hose to the fermenter spigot and the other end to the QD in post. Attach a hose to the QD out post and the other end to the top of the fermenter. Open the spigot and relax for ~15 minutes. Boom. Full keg, closed transferred. Chill under CO2 pressure for a cpl weeks, tap, serve, enjoy.

That’s what kegs are for. Attach a hose to the fermenter spigot and the other end to the QD in post. Attach a hose to the QD out post and the other end to the top of the fermenter. Open the spigot and relax for ~15 minutes. Boom. Full keg, closed transferred. Chill under CO2 pressure for a cpl weeks, tap, serve, enjoy.
Yep. If you can get regulators, CO2, kegs etc. But they are not available here, so I'll bottle ;)
My ciders go in 1 litre bottles, that's nice and fast.
Beer will keep going in beer bottles. Just the way it is.
This weekend is bottling & brewing time ;)

This is my Veteran’s Day beer. I call it Olde Bailey based on a suggestion by a friend. Bailey was our Shih Tzu. We got her the 2005 Veteran’s Day weekend — 17 yrs ago. She passed a cpl months ago.

The Bailey is also the Criminal Court in London. Fittingly, I felt I needed a British style for the name.

It’s a British Golden Ale featuring Veteran’s Blend hops. YCH donates proceeds from sale of the hops to veteran organizations.

42AD577F-831F-40C3-B903-0F0871057777.jpeg

Since I can't find it down here I'm brewing a clone of SN celebration tomorrow. Should be a nice brew day. Mid 50's expected. Anybody else mashing in this weekend?

Thanks for the reminder, Gary. Almost forgot to look out for Celebration. It is that time of year.

Probably be after Thanksgiving before my next brew day.

Total Wine in Corpus has Celebration.
Sweet! They must have just got it in. I was there two weeks ago and it wasn't there so I figured I'd give it a try. Now I'll get to do a side by side. That's what I call research

Sweet! They must have just got it in. I was there two weeks ago and it wasn't there so I figured I'd give it a try. Now I'll get to do a side by side. That's what I call research
I've got a new Celebration recipe scheduled for right after Christmas. Will be the first time my schedule will allow a side by side.

I celebrate all beers all year long
(Sorry all, as a non American, I know of thanks giving & christmas, but clueless about the others).

Anyway, I got a fermentation fridge going (finally) and brewed a Belgian blonde with MJ47.
Then, yesterday, I decided to do a quick Kveik wheat beer as we are having a bit of a heat wave. She was fermenting vigorously within 2 hours of underpitching!

Meanwhile, a batch of cider is ready
(and another batch got too hot for the yeast I used. I'll keep a couple of bottles to see if it improves and am going to try make cider vinegar out of the rest)

Brew day went well. I had to reheat my strike water, not used to being below 85 down here! Will oxygenate and pitch 1l starter tonight. OG is 1.062. Should be working in the morning. Felt great to be out with my kit in the garage. Cheers y'all.

Back