What you cooking for the Fourth of July Weekend?

Just got back from shopping after a 12 hour work day, got everything thing on the list (I had to double back around a few times for items missed due to not being completely sharp) and it looks like the menu will be a go! Dessert is peach crisp, and waffles & ice cream!

The Giants Game is not looking good, but it started off nice enough
xfwpOM7.jpg

9LBS Butt going on
9CqzoHC.jpg

vIeqmfE.jpg

9:45PM Friday
lubPBog.jpg

I'm hoping to keep the WSM < 250 and if so, a 14 hour cook, which would be around noon Saturday. I'll rest it 3 hours and let the games begin

Giants choked, I think that's the word for 2022

We are still debating what to make on 4th of July. Best guess: steak and give Keri's baked beans a try.

We'll watch "Yankee Doodle Dandy" that evening. We always do. Sometimes I argue for "The Music Man" as a change of pace, but always lose.

I love the ideas on this thread.
I’m playing host to a bunch people for a week so any good ideas are making me look like I know what I’m doing.
I am just having fun learning new things to be honest.

Crab season is full on rolling.
We are going to process frozen crab to last through the winter off season and some to gift out so I’ll be pulling pots for the next week or two.

This along with a veggie platter and banana cream pie was tonights dinner.

Attachments

• EE8643F0-D16E-49E6-9AEA-46568912A7A6.jpeg
    EE8643F0-D16E-49E6-9AEA-46568912A7A6.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 9
Picked a rack of lamb and a couple prime tri-tips for today. Jalapeño pepper Jack sausages for Monday.
Now I just have to get some stuff for chimichurr.

@Michael Richards , I owe you sincere thanks! I''.Possibly just cop out and fix something easy and fast like burgers. That's acceptable on the 4th, right? Especially some really NICE burgers!
In #55 above I said to shelve the original plan for burgers which I have done, but with some leftover thawed hamburger (Costco) from the planned meatloaf, I did make a "NICE burger". First time for this combination in the burger and it worked very well. Details are here: https://tvwbb.com/threads/a-couple-big-burgers.91755/#post-1047430 #15.

So I did get my 4th Weekend burger! :)

Ribs and grilled corn on the cobb for the 4th, burgers tomorrow. Since we have to go to Costco this afternoon, tonight will probably be Papa Murphy's 😏

I just picked up a rack of baby back ribs and some corn on the cob, so that will be my Independence Day menu, probably with Cole slaw and baked beans on the side. I picked up a couple of locally made hot sauces at the beach last week. The Surfer Slappin' sauce was good on grilled chicken so I'm going to use it as a glaze on the ribs.
rs=w:800,cg:true.jpg

Probably Brats, Burgers or Dawgs.
I got too much on my plate lately, hopefully when it's all done I can get back to serious smoking.

I love the ideas on this thread.
I’m playing host to a bunch people for a week so any good ideas are making me look like I know what I’m doing.
I am just having fun learning new things to be honest.

Crab season is full on rolling.
We are going to process frozen crab to last through the winter off season and some to gift out so I’ll be pulling pots for the next week or two.

This along with a veggie platter and banana cream pie was tonights dinner.
Those crabs look amazing!!!

Back