What you cooking for the Fourth of July Weekend?

Back Ribs for me, wife will make her greenbeans wrapped in bacon with brown sugar, guess she will also do some home made potato salad as well as some jalapeno poppers to get things warmed up.

I'm traveling for 4th of July down in South Carolina. I'll be co-pilot for a brisket cook at some point (no pun intended, or was it???) If I show up and it's just a flat, I'm going to be disappointed. 🤣 There is also a low country boil in the plan.... I will share a few pictures after the rocket's red's glare has faded, and our flag is still there, just like it has been since Betsy Ross first put it together.

Picked up an 8LBS butt, will smoke that Saturday. BBQ some wings Sunday. Hopefully make a Pulled Pork Pizza and a Buffalo Wings Pizza Monday. The Giants are hosting the White Sox over the weekend and then off to Arizona on Monday for three days. Hoping to see Madbum on the hill one of those games

Happy Independence Day TVWBB

Leftovers from Saturday’s feast will make a little trip to the Battle Creek air show on Sunday and possibly a return for Sunday to watch screaming jets!

Well in my case we have Canada day......which is tomorrow.....it's a Friday off work.
Happy 4rth to all of you.....also nice as it is the Monday off work I would assume.

For Friday........................
I had the MRS go collect everything I need from the grocery outlets to make flank steak tacos.
I have about 9 flanks in the freezer so going to find a nice one.
Do my citrus / tequila marinade for 4 hours..........
Going to also fire roast garlic, tomatillos, onions, lime, a couple roma tomatoes ( less juicy ) and all the other peppers I am hoping she could find and make a nice verde or verde / red salsa combo...........not sure yet, not sure I can trust the tomatillos. Also I am not stuck on being super authentic.....I get that at my Mexican restaurants and it is very good.....I just try to make it taste very good.
Also fresh avocados.....................gauc is going to be happening........
Fresh gauc and fresh salsa really brighten up the taco experience.
No dried chilis were available apparently, so no rehydration fun.
Steak, salsa and onion......this is a great taco.......gauc goes great on the side.

Saturday is either going to be Cubano sammies or I am going to give my first E6 pizza a go..................we will see........I am always nervous the first time......just have to have faith in the temperatures. Decide on what I am doing.......stick with it and make it the best I can. Then the fun starts, making small changes to make it better every time.
I have lots of ingredients to pick from already as well as dough is ready to be made and I have a couple really nice canned sauces.
I would normally make my own sauce but there are a few out there that are amazing.

Sunday...................................................................................................................................................
Seriously depends on how much partying there is......too much 40%, 5% or even 12% really slows someone down on a Sunday.
If I can keep it straight then I might get to sneak that Cubano in there too...........

Back