What is your favorite chicken part to grill?

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Yes, working on my chicken binders. Just wondering if the most chicken recipes I have are the same as what you all like to cook. Would appreciate your input.

I usually buy bone in thighs cause they be cheaper per #. Leg quarters are another.
The local latino market has leg quarters sliced in half (the long way) with a band saw.
Those take a marinade well and grill super fast.

At $1.00/lb. here this week, thighs are pretty high in the rotation. Bone in, I’m smart enough to bone them if I want.
Skin is just a side benefit!
That said, I have just done a batch of curried chicken for Saturday using a whole chicken (cut up) and the house smells delicious!
Followed that with prepping Paula Deen’s Mississippi pot roast and getting that in the crockpot for tomorrow night’s dinner.
I love food!

Bone in skin on thighs, just bought five family packs for $.69 a pound. If we need them boneless Barbs is a master with a filet knife, so no problem there. Use the vortex on the performer (when we can) and coat with mustard, we prefer yellow, dip in a plate of Fish Fry with added Weber's Kick'n Chicken and make some KFC (Kettle Fried Chicken).
Also just bought a boat load of monster sized BSCB for $.99 Lb., looking at recipes for those. Going to try a marinade and seasoning and give the Camp Chef a try with a couple.

Joan - I love all chicken to be honest. But those are my usuals.

Rich - Man I wish we had anything close to those prices in Canada!! Our chicken thighs on sale at best are $1.88. And out Boneless Skinless chicken breasts are $3.99 at best a lb.

Thank you all for posting. I am glad to see that thighs are the most popular. They are also my favorite part of the chicken, Second comes wings.

DH's favorite part of the chicken is boneless breast, and that is the binder I have been working on all day :rolleyes: , a big full stuffed 3" binder. Can't wait till I get to the thigh binder. lol

YEAH!!!! finally out of the Asian section and starting to work on the Caribbean section.

Last edited:
For my own tastes good old bone in skin on thighs, then wings. I will tolerate bone in skin breast and legs though. But one of my fav things to do is spin a chicken on the rotisserie, and when done carving just cleaning off the bits and pieces on the carcass. I always make sure I leave the oysters on LOL.

T could you help me find it please?
No sweat, Joan. I'm not really sure how to post the link of the thread, but use the search feature and enter "Korean bbq chicken drummies" and you'll see Case's post. They're amazing, imo. (Thanks Case T!!)

Tim

Back