What games do you like to play?

I don't get to play much these days but I play Call of Duty style computer games with my son. He always beats me and I'm generally last place on the score board but still fun to play with him.

Electronic games hold no interest for me, never have. I find most games more “Bored” than anything else aside from when the grand children want to play “Quelph” at the cottage but, that’s been a few years since it was the game. I do play a lot of solitaire both with real cards and on the iPad.

I still play Rocksmith every once in a while on the Xbox.
The new Microsoft Flight Simulator has got me Jonesing for a pc gaming rig again

SCategories, hotels, trump, life, chutes and ladders, scrabble, pop the pig.guess who., Sorry . Operation of course. Connect 4. Yes i have kids. Of course ps4 games

Monopoly Deal, Boggle, Phase 10, Life, Yahtzee, Play Nine. Those are just a few even though they are card games not board games.

Rich, still playing solitaire? How you doing. So far, I am up to 23,319 games. Only won 14% of them. Working on winning 15%. lol (YES, bored as h**l).
I zero it out at the end of the year and start over. Total games I've played are 33,697. Win % is 12.30.
As soon as this Covid crap ends I'm going to get a new hobby called life.

I zero it out at the end of the year and start over. Total games I've played are 33,697. Win % is 12.30.
As soon as this Covid crap ends I'm going to get a new hobby called life.
The virus has nothing to do with me playing the game. #1 I like it #2 It is better than the stuff they are putting on TV these days. lol

I hang out at the senior center and play pool , it is a good place they also serve some great food.
And of course solitare for the waiting rooms and late night boredom.

My kids and I have been having some legit Galaga, Time Pilot and Donkey Kong tournament's since we have been stuck in the house!! I have a old school Sega Genesis in route cant wait to play Mortal Combat!!

Boy!!! Am I behind times. I only recognize about half of the games you all have been mentioning. lol

Mainly iPad games now for me. Played what I TOHUGHT was a lot of Solitaire, but at 1,000 games I’m just a rookie compared to @Joan and @Rich Dahl ......
Lots on Need for Speed on the iPad too.
And we lost power during the summer (extra special being in lockdown without power for 9 days) so went old school.....lots of LCR with the family

I have some old Jakks/Namco handheld Pac-Man, Galaga etc. TV plug-in games from 15-20 years ago and break them out from time to time.

Last edited:
My 11 year old daughter and I took some plain corn-hole boards and painted them. Do these count as "board" games?

20200530_154553.jpg

Last edited:
My kids and I have been having some legit Galaga, Time Pilot and Donkey Kong tournament's since we have been stuck in the house!! I have a old school Sega Genesis in route cant wait to play Mortal Combat!!
How are you/what are you playing these on?

Chess mainly.

Does poker count as a board game? 🤑
Now those two games I have heard of. lol

Many years ago, I dated a nice young guy. We would sit in my backyard, under our big pine tree and play chess. My Aunt made a beautiful ceramic set of chess pieces and a amazing glass top enclosed board. The young man and I broke up and sad to say, my chess game has not been used since. I am hoping one of my grandchildren will want it someday. I would like to pass it on.

Dan, it has been 5 months now since your last post here. Just wondering if you all have been playing the arcade games and if so, any favorites.?

Back