What are you cooking on Labor Day weekend?

Weather looks clear and perfect temps for outdoor cooking here in PA at least through Monday. Found a choice tri tip at Walmart last night (a total score, I have never seen a tri tip here in PA and then it was just there at Walmart), so I am going to smoke and reverse sear my first ever tri tip tomorrow, then J Grozte buttermilk brine chicken on Sunday, and pork tenderloin roast using the Orange juice marinate from the tvwb homepage on Monday (another first). If I still have steam and weather allows, lemon and herb grilled chicken thighs on Tuesday, and wings and legs with the vortex on Wednesday.

Planning on some chicken thighs on the kettle and some smoked Mac’n cheese on the WSM. May do it all on the WSM if I can. Thinking I may start off low and slow for the mac’n cheese then open it up and add some coals for Chris’ hot and fast chicken. Anyway, chicken is prepped:

F528C8C6-FB44-4C12-9657-D54012A94774.jpeg4546A62C-E735-40F1-A8E5-FA729F6B9E27.jpeg

Well, was gonna do smash burgers on the flat top Sunday. But looking through the freezer & discovered a 2 pack of Lone Mountain Wagyu beef ribs.
So, beef ribs will be on during the Nascar Race. Saturday we thought bird wings sound really good. That's our plan as of now.

also have a prime brisket from costco, but it's a payback brisket... might sneak a slice or two but it probably will be a rack of ribs for wife and I.

CSR today, not sure about tomorrow , need some chicken in my life soon cooked 1 way or another, beef also for the right price

I may have to jam all my cooking plans in this afternoon. Tomorrow is gonna be very windy as a cold front is Coming through.

Burgers
Pork Chops
Tandoori Chicken
spuds
salad
corn otc

Thanks guys, guest list was smaller than normal but, we had a wonderful evening! The pork roast was a real gem, had not done one like that since probably last fall! The Dino bones were great, shrimp were excellent, it all turned out perfectly timed even! A buddy brought Texas Twinkie’s and bacon wrapped chicken breast pieces. The bakery of choice was still out on their annual vacation so, I made a big batch of brownies!
I’m working off the calorie load by sorting cookbooks, one row full width in the back of the KIA and these are what I’m keeping:
0C4A8BA7-1799-4EF0-AD23-B71A7A9E08DE.jpeg

Pork spares and wings on the WSM. Deviled eggs, potatoe salad, and a big pot of pinto beans. Banana pudding for dessert. Oh, and I'm making homemade salsa.

Back