Weber 70th Anniversary Kettle for 2022

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
The subject of Weber 70th Anniversary Kettles came up in this thread, but I want it to have a dedicated thread for discussion here.

I have confirmed with two independent sources that for 2022, Weber is introducing four 70th Anniversary Edition kettle grills in satin black pale blue, metallic gray, white pale green, and a yellow that's reminiscent of vintage kettles.

These grills come with retro features like wooden lid/bowl/damper handles, wooden rollers on the lid bale, whitewall wheels, and special 70th anniversary badging. However, one source says the wooden handles are actually wood-grained injection molded plastic, so we'll have to wait for confirmation or denial on that.

Pricing and timing of availability is unknown at this time.

Note from Moderator: On 9/28, I received an email from Tom Fuller, Weber's Global Category Director, Charcoal Grills, requesting that I take down the two images in this post showing 70th anniversary kettle concepts. These restricted, confidential images found their way into a Facebook group post where TVWBB member Kyle in Woodstock spotted them and reposted them. In the spirit of ongoing cooperation and good relations with Weber, I have taken them down per Tom's request.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing, Chris. I don’t know what the price points are but I’d pay a little extra for wood handles. But I’m guessing they will indeed be expensive to begin with

Eww wood grain plastic? Lame. I don’t see anything that would make these overly expensive, especially if plastic handles. Just not a whole lot of premium there. I would expect pricing in line with the Red Limited Edition

The yellow one sure is tempting. I am glad they are making them based on the taller Master Touch design. Even if the handles are a bust, if the price is fair, I am fine with upgrading to something better and using those on a different grill.

Now all we need is an avocado kettle!

Nice but, no cigar for me on it.
It will be interesting to see if the re-introduction of a yellow kettle will have any impact on the stratospheric prices people are shelling out for nice examples of the original one. I am sure that many will agree with Timothy that these are nice, but not enough to change the desire for a classic original old kettle that still works and looks decent.

It will be interesting to see if the re-introduction of a yellow kettle will have any impact on the stratospheric prices people are shelling out for nice examples of the original one. I am sure that many will agree with Timothy that these are nice, but not enough to change the desire for a classic original old kettle that still works and looks decent.
I don’t know my back alone Would make me want the height increase.

Yep, a tall yellow kettle would be very nice, as long as the finish is shiny and smooth. I can live with the handles not being wood. I do like the modern touches of the one-touch cleaning and dome thermometer. I have a red and black mbh kettle each that have the old style triple bottom vents. That's enough of those for me.

I don’t know my back alone Would make me want the height increase.
A “Lift kit” isn’t too hard to do, I just put bigger wheels on the original performer frame and used a piece of galvanized pipe on the plain ends. I’d love to fine some old bicycle ”Mag” style ones for it!

On 9/28, I received an email from Tom Fuller, Weber's Global Category Director, Charcoal Grills, requesting that I take down the two images in this post showing 70th anniversary kettle concepts. These restricted, confidential images found their way into a Facebook group post where Kyle spotted them and reposted them here. In the spirit of ongoing cooperation and good relations with Weber, I have taken them down per Tom's request.

Well, we will just have to wait and see. I hope it comes to fruition. I am guessing a Christmas season reveal.

The yellow kettle is very tempting, but I need another 22" kettle like I need a...........

Hard pass!

C7267117-E1B0-4EF0-9466-5869B5AD2DF6.jpegA replica of the OG kettle done right, maybe all stainless with the red base, tricked out like a Summit Charcoal and I would have no choice. That button would be clicked, look at this picture and tell me you can’t see it now.

On 9/28, I received an email from Tom Fuller, Weber's Global Category Director, Charcoal Grills, requesting that I take down the two images in this post showing 70th anniversary kettle concepts. These restricted, confidential images found their way into a Facebook group post where Kyle spotted them and reposted them here. In the spirit of ongoing cooperation and good relations with Weber, I have taken them down per Tom's request.

Certainly the right thing to do, Chris. I'm just glad those images are permanently engraved in my brain. :D I hope they come to be reality.

Back