Weber 70th Anniversary Kettle for 2022

If the situation was different here the yellow one would a great addition. But seeing the ban on charcoal from late March to late September and I don't much grilling at all in the winter is a showstopper for me.

Oh I will. I’m kinda hoping the local dealer I order the Ranch from isn’t able to get one right away (shows out of stock online) as that’s my grill fund and would otherwise have to cross dip.

But the question then becomes, buy 3 or 4, or double and leave a set in box unopened?🤔 Almost did that with the Glen Blue 26”

They look nice, but I’m more in the for use camp. That being said I am hoping to replace my WSM and a MT kettle for an E6 or an S6 preferably when the wife is preoccupied.

In my opinion, you would also need to sell the 26" & or the Performer, since you would probably never have a use for them once you acquire the Weber Kamado.

Bruno,
I would have to agree that they are a little "frilly" and that some are likely to be stored away in hopes of re-selling for a profit. On the other hand, they offer the higher stance of a Master Touch and the same porcelain coating as other modern kettles. So, they can certainly be USED like grills are meant to be - at least most of the time!

In my opinion, you would also need to sell the 26" & or the Performer, since you would probably never have a use for them once you acquire the Weber Kamado.

Can you please explain how the Kamado replaces a 26" kettle. Totally ignorant on the Kamado, so be kind to me. :oops:

Can you please explain how the Kamado replaces a 26" kettle. Totally ignorant on the Kamado, so be kind to me. :oops:
That’s just my opinion, the kamado is 24” but it is more versatile, it can hold temps easier & for longer periods of time. It seems to work best with lump charcoal. I prefer to use multiple 22” kettles primarily due to all of the different cooking attachments that are made for it.

I'm pretty sure one of those green ones has my name on it. However... I was assuming they would be in the
$250 range, but I guess they are going to be more like $400 (?) Will have to think again, but it would be hard
to pass up. I still have not heard if they will be a truly "limited" edition. This is getting exciting, though. 🤩

Edit - well, I just found the press release. I guess there really are a limited number available.

Last edited:
And PLASTIC handles with the LOOK of wood! Plastic handles look like plastic handles. WHY?? WHY WHY?? $ The almighty dollar $
I believe this is more a safety thing, don’t wood handles get pretty hit? Or does the heat deflector solve that?

Back