Warning about disrespectful posting

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Folks, there's been a lot of bickering lately between members about stupid things, especially about automotive topics, which really baffles me because this is a Weber grills and barbecuing/grilling forum.

In any event, I will not condone people calling other members a "POS" or dismissing a member "to the kid's table". I'm warning everyone that I will begin placing members who post such things into the moderation queue for a period of time of my choosing, and I will moderate all your posts before anyone gets a chance to see them.

I've got better things to do with my time than deal with this stuff. Please think once, twice, even three times before posting like this.

Chris

Agreed. And thank you Chris, and apologies; I’m one of the guilty ones and accept that, I chose to reply to a known troll and someone responded to that. I’m as passionate about Mopars as I am Webers, even more so actually, and, well it is what it is. I let it get to me.

When I’m called a POS, I won’t let that slide. I wouldn’t let it slide if said member said that to my face (member could expect a fist in that situation…), I won’t let it slide online. Having been an admin on a forum before, I know I’m supposed to report such a post. I put it as “nicely” as I could without getting tossed.

I’ll try to do better. In fact, I ignored one member to avoid anything further.

Chris,
Thankyou for running a great site. I was just having a little fun with the guys. And sometimes things are what they are.
As far as the car thing you had to drive these great cars to the BBQ joints to enjoy the BBQ. That's what it is about.
In the future I will say no more about the cars. I didn't mean to make your life more difficult.

Russ

When I’m called a POS, I won’t let that slide. I wouldn’t let it slide if said member said that to my face (member could expect a fist in that situation…), I won’t let it slide online. Having been an admin on a forum before, I know I’m supposed to report such a post.
** Folks, I've edited this reply because when I originally posted it, I was steamed and I described the nuclear option of closing accounts, which is not where this issue is at this time. If you read my first version, please disregard and read this one instead. **

Yes, you are supposed to report it to me so I can deal with it. Please resist the urge to respond in-kind with a reply, it only feeds the fire and will get your posts moderated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I’ve gone off the rails before and thank you Chris for being the “iron fist in a velvet glove” and gently putting me back in my place. I appreciate the amount of oversight this forum requires and the manner in which you ride herd on us. I still get my hackles up from time to time but, I try to bite my tongue. Sometimes the keyboard gets a few drops on it but, I’m learning.

Many thanks to you, Chris, and to almost all the members of this forum. Over my years here, this is the place to be for info, comradeship and genuine good feelings. I once attempted to participate in another related forum. I got pounced on for a minor perceived infraction (really? you think THAT's a problem?) and decided my time was better spent elsewhere -- especially on TVWBB. That is the kind of approach and service that Chris provides. Clearly almost all (maybe all) are truly grateful for it.

I've been a member of many forums that were nothing more than name calling free for all's. Today this is the only forum I participate in.
The reason is we all have respect for each other and value others' opinions.
Chris does a great job of controlling the vastly different personalities on this forum, which is more than I can say about any other forum I've been on. I for one really appreciate that.

I've been a member of many forums that were nothing more than name calling free for all's. Today this is the only forum I participate in.
The reason is we all have respect for each other and value others' opinions.
Chris does a great job of controlling the vastly different personalities on this forum, which is more than I can say about any other forum I've been on. I for one really appreciate that.

Same here Rich.
I am not a part of any other forum / social media nothing. This is the only place I post and have gotten to be able to chat with a few members.
The MRS watches me post here and says thanks god you aren't on the face book......I call it space book.......I am not a fan obviously.
Keep up the good work Chris!

I am relatively new here, and I was a little surprised by the thread that got nuked, but in addition to much respect to our tireless leader Chris, it’s nice to see people owning up.

Great forum!

I am relatively new here, and I was a little surprised by the thread that got nuked, but in addition to much respect to our tireless leader Chris, it’s nice to see people owning up.

Great forum!
Indeed. Couple of guys owning up to making a poor decision in the heat of a passionate discussion. It happens. The best forums are the ones where folks can admit they had a bad moment, and all parties move forward. Really encouraging to see a little of that.

Back