Turkey Talk forum now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barb picked up a 15 lb. Butterball at Safeway where she works. That was the smallest one they had.
I was at Walmart, and they had Butterballs but nothing less than 23 lbs. at $1.95 a pound there wasn't anything under $40.00

No one really gives a hoot for turkey in this clan so, I’m thinking maybe a crown roast of pork again.
I like turkey once in a great while but, maybe a whole breast, no one even looks at dark meat but me.

no one even looks at dark meat but me.
Same here but I do love turkey so a 3lb Butterball Boneless Breast is hopefully on the menu daughter is working she is a nurse son in law going to his mothers so just 2 of us. $13.72 for a 3 pounder at walmart remember when it was $10 bucks but that okay no waste and it will be cooked on the Performer.

Kroger has them for $10.49 going tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just a fowl place for conversation.

I'm pretty sure we won't do a whole turkey, that's just far too much food for the two of us. One thing that we do have fortunately are good local turkey farms. Getting a fresh bone-in breast is never a problem.

Just checked at Walmart and they now have 10 lb. and up Jenny-O birds for $ .98/lb. Now I need to have the wife make room in one of the freezers. She seems to do that better than me.

Costco had frozen turkeys for $0.98/lb last year, and I bought 3; cooked one, gave one to a family in need, and put one in the deep freeze. I still have the one in the freezer and will probably just use it this year. I meant to cook it during the summer, but just didn't get around to it.

If Costco has a good price again this year, I will probably buy a few more. It's nice to see some good prices mentioned above, that's encouraging.

Like Karl said we usually pick up a couple of turkeys for later when they mark them down after the holidays. Still have a 12 pd. one from last year.
Also, good to see some lower prices for you guys, don't know why they're so expensive here.
With Barbs employee discount at Safeway, we ended up paying $.98 Pd. so I'm good with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back