Tri Tip over little red potatoes

Have temp set at 450 but I’m struggling getting temp to 350 today. After adding meat it’s stuck at 335.
Grill is fairly cleaned out. Guess I will try cleaning glow plug tomorrow.

Have temp set at 450 but I’m struggling getting temp to 350 today. After adding meat it’s stuck at 335.
Grill is fairly cleaned out. Guess I will try cleaning glow plug tomorrow.
Nice cook.
Not sure that your glow plug being dirty will matter in getting up to temp. The glow plug is only used in initial lighting. After lit, the fire is monitored by the controller. I would say to maybe start simple and clean the temp probe first and go from there. Of course, it doesn't hurt to clean the glow plug while you're in it. I had a previous thread here about a dirty plug causing a start up issue for me. Hope this helps.

Charlie

Looks great, like the idea of the taters underneath.
Barb and I were at Costco yesterday, happened to spot some wagyu steaks in the freezer section at $99.99 Lb. a package of three was $187.95. Almost jumped on it but I passed out from sticker shock before I could. o_O

Nice cook.
Not sure that your glow plug being dirty will matter in getting up to temp. The glow plug is only used in initial lighting. After lit, the fire is monitored by the controller. I would say to maybe start simple and clean the temp probe first and go from there. Of course, it doesn't hurt to clean the glow plug while you're in it. I had a previous thread here about a dirty plug causing a start up issue for me. Hope this helps.

Charlie
Good advice and accurate info.

Looks great, like the idea of the taters underneath.
Barb and I were at Costco yesterday, happened to spot some wagyu steaks in the freezer section at $99.99 Lb. a package of three was $187.95. Almost jumped on it but I passed out from sticker shock before I could. o_O
Thanks.
This was sold as Wagyu but you didn’t miss anything special. lol
Most of the prime I find on sale local is better.

Back