the missing 1/2 bag of Comp, or, I'm sorry: the Best Ruben Ever!!

Brian Dahl

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi gang! Thanks to Mary Teal, I picked up a couple of bags of Kingsford Comp. for a nice price. And, when I saw Rich pimpin' Chris' version of quick Pastrami last month- I was on the lookout for a nice corned beef: I picked that up @ Groc Out, too! Cindy and I are both Ruben nuts. And, now I get to use my Mini and try out the comp...the stars are alining. I {whoa} followed the recipe: Saturday afternoon after about five hours, before I foiled

foiled for an hour, cooler'ed for two

and sliced Sunday afternoon... Oh yeah!

and cued up with Swiss

the rest after the jump...

Workin' the CI griddle on Red Jenny now: Pastrami slices on

and after the flip, with 'kraut

and a great, local sourdough rye ... I'll stop talkin' now...

I'm not a fan of swagger, but, dang, these were good! Just like home made bacon: I don't think I'll ever go back! Thanks again to everyone for all your contributions: I couldn't have done it with out ya! See ya 'round the fire.

Those Reuben's look Freakin Awesome!!! Great job Brian. I wish someone else in the house liked Reuben's, I would try this next weekend! Man those look good!!
Tim

That Faux Pastrami really looks GOOD! I recently did a couple of 4.0 lb. corned beef briskets, my self. We flat out LOVE this stuff. It's not cheap (it shrinks about 50%, but MAN is it good!).

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Nice Job Brian that pastrami looks great! And those Reuben's are put together perfectly. That's a great and easy recipe Chris put up.

awesome - those look great! That first shot looks delicious! I should have been paying attention, I missed that sale of the charcoal

Dang....if I were to jump in my truck with a six pack of brew and a half bag of Kingsford, could we make an exchange for one of those sammies?

Man, that's a great looking Reuben!

I've only done a quick pastrami with a corned beef once, but I don't think I let it soak enough… came out WAY salty. But you've inspired me to give it another go!

Brian, those Rueben's look so tasty! I too picked up a corned beef and a couple nice looking tri tips while I was there picking up more charcoal. I've never tried their meat before, but by the looks of your cook, I may got back and pick up a spiral ham they had on sale for $1.29 lb!

Man, that's a great looking Reuben!

I've only done a quick pastrami with a corned beef once, but I don't think I let it soak enough… came out WAY salty. But you've inspired me to give it another go!

Welcome on board, Juli!
My total soak time was about 12 hours, it wasn't salty at all.

Back