The Humor Thread

Holy cow - this reminds me, I went to go see a "long lost friend" last weekend, who is a collector and retorer of "cool stuff". Since I haven't seen him for over a year, and were hanging around his house, he had a lot of new stuff to show me. Old electric fans, his great uncle's vintage barber chair, etc.. during covid he started collecting hot wheel cars, but ONLY 1966 Batman cars. He's probably got 100 of them in the original packaging. He said one of them is rare and would sell to another collector for $3,000 you coulda knocked me over with a feather.

I was visiting someone I used to know (brewing beer at the time,) in downtown Chicago a bunch of years ago, and he had just gotten a new SiriusXM satellite radio receiver. "What do you want to listen to?" "I'd prefer pretty much anything over rap, disco and country/western." "Bluegrass?" "Not something I listen to much, but those folks are great musicians."

A couple of hours later, I realized that I knew the track that was playing, but from a completely different genre. Hayseed Dixie was performing Baba O'Reilly (originally from The Who.) Quite a remarkable performance, and they have a whole lot of well done covers.
Ralph Stanley is my favorite old-timey bluegrass musician. His voice is so haunting.

Check this video out for a slightly less traditional bluegrass sound

Saw that years back, turned it off.
Check out some older “Seldom Scene” with John Duffey, John Starling, Mike Auldridge...
The “Live at the cellar door” album is incredible! Their version of “Wait a minute” will raise the hair on the back of your neck!

Back