The Humor Thread

Well, there's scratch, and box mixes, and box mixes, and..... Gotta admit, the Jiffy mixes really are not half bad for what they are.
Some of them are more sweet and cake-like for my taste. My wife has a recipe, I think from the back of an Alber's box, that she uses. Got to be cooked in a cast iron frying pan, too.

Well, there's scratch, and box mixes, and box mixes, and..... Gotta admit, the Jiffy mixes really are not half bad for what they are.
My go-to recipes for both cornbread and buttermilk biscuits are in the Yellow Farmhouse Cookbook, by Christopher Kimball, published by ATK. It has been decades since I've made anything from the blue & white boxes.

I like Jiffy stuff, they are just outside Ann Arbor and have been in Chelsea since their beginning! They keep people employed and the cornbread is a great product, have not bought one of the cake mixes in forty odd years.
Now, the scary part, my brother in law makes excellent cornbread from scratch in a CI skillet then puts the skillet in the dishwasher! It makes my blood curdle!

Back