The Humor Thread

Yeh. That be like...
Actually happened to a guy that I used to work with. He was a bit eccentric, but had a heart of gold. He found an injured squirrel, nursed it back to health, kept it for a pet for a while, and set it out in the yard one day to let it go. In seconds, a hawk came down and grabbed it up. He was quite upset about it for quite a long time.

Actually happened to a guy that I used to work with. He was a bit eccentric, but had a heart of gold. He found an injured squirrel, nursed it back to health, kept it for a pet for a while, and set it out in the yard one day to let it go. In seconds, a hawk came down and grabbed it up. He was quite upset about it for quite a long time.

Years ago there was an injured squirrel in the yard and as I was walking over to finish it off, a hawk landed on it and stared me down so that I knew that it wasn't mine. But instead of carrying it off the hawk proceeded to spend at least 30 minutes eating it on the spot, which the kids were able to see from the window. Wild Kingdom...live!

Several years ago a buddy of mine had gone native fish in his aquarium after his tropical ones died. So far he had one bluegill.
I was by a creek one day at work and spotted a baby catfish. The little bugger finned me, but I kept it alive in a cup of water until I could drop it off at my buddy's house.
You can probably see where this is going.
I dropped it in the aquarium and Bang! the bluegill ate it immediately. I was about ready to fillet the b*stard!

Years ago there was an injured squirrel in the yard and as I was walking over to finish it off, a hawk landed on it and stared me down so that I knew that it wasn't mine. But instead of carrying it off the hawk proceeded to spend at least 30 minutes eating it on the spot, which the kids were able to see from the window. Wild Kingdom...live!
Sounds familiar.....

1642366878953.jpeg

Here's one that will put a smile on your face Joan. When we first got Abby our black lab she was only six weeks old. She was out in the back yard snooping around and fortunately I had the back door open. Whitney, Abbys foster mom was in the house with me. All of a sudden Abby started crying and yelping I looked out the door and here is a great horned owl on the ground coming after Abby. Whintney bolts out the door and goes straight for the owl she is a golden retriever, husky, coyote mix and about 90 pounds of P.O. dog. The owl opens his wings and they had to be 5 feet across from tip to tip. Whitney hit it dead on and the owl fortunately decide Whitney was too big to handle and was able to get airborne before Whitney could get back to it. Whitney then ran over to the pup and picked her up and took her into the house. Very scary but the dogs and the owl were not hurt.

Last edited:
So when the conversation kind of runs out between the wife and I while we're on a road trip, just for fun, I will start a limerick:

"There once was a man from Nantucket...
[Who encountered a hole in a bucket
The hole was quite small,
Nearly no hole at all,
........ ...... .... .... ... .... ... ...... .....
]"

[or whatever rhymes, off the top of my head]. I let her take it from there.

My wife and I don't curse in our ordinary day to day conversation, so it's always fun for me to try to keep her from going for the obvious with this.

Last edited:

Back