take a stroll down memory lane (fun quiz)

I only missed the chalk board thingy... I just could not visualized what it was, did not see the white things as pieces of chalk

1609799894027.png

Was able to figure out the remaining by process of elimination, but really had to think about the slot in the bumper for the car jack.

I missed 5, Chalk holder, Match holder, Cable box, Ironing clothes, You put a razor blade in there...

The razor blade disposal is something I knew only from reading house restoration publications. Once I figured out the picture was of a medicine cabinet I knew what it was.

The concept was that old blades would be inserted and they would fall into the wall cavity. There generally was no access to collect and further dispose of the old ones... they would just pile up within the wall.

1609802937412.png

The chalk holder is the only thing I didn't recognize right away.
Asked my wife, and she said is that a chalk holder? Bingo!
It actually is for music class (I am not a music guys so hopefully I don't screw this up to bad) this allowed you to draw the lines to make music charts???

I missed the watering thingy for ironing clothes and guessed(correctly) on the old fashioned cable box!

I missed 3, said I had to be over 40 I am not!!! I remember a lot of this stuff from my grandparents and great aunts house.
I missed the ironing this still don't understand. The match holder, and the thing you would find beside a phone. Is that a form of a rolladex?

We still go to two drive ins and they have the polls, but not the speakers. Each of my kids have asked what are those for. They use a radio station and we were even to technologically advanced for that, we didn't have a FM/AM radio so we had to go buy one just for the drive ins. It sits in basement storage until we go to the drive ins and my kids connection with it is that device is that is this special thing that you have to have to go to the drive ins but has no other use whatsoever.

It actually is for music class (I am not a music guys so hopefully I don't screw this up to bad) this allowed you to draw the lines to make music charts???
Correct! The technical term for the lines of a clef is "stave" (although when I was studying piano many years ago we just called them the "lines of the clef") and the 5-arm chalk holder is used to draw it.

I hoped y

Correct! The technical term for the lines of a clef is "stave" (although when I was studying piano many years ago we just called them the "lines of the clef") and the 5-arm chalk holder is used to draw it.
Musical scale that the word I was looking for.

Back