take a stroll down memory lane (fun quiz)

Missed the matches. Guessed on the cable box — we had rabbit ears.

Knew about the razor slot but never saw one of those in person. That was before my time.

The bumper jack slot brought back memories of rust. Cars back then were total rust buckets. My beater SUV with 200k miles is 100x better quality than what a new 70s car was.

I remember the old house in Chicago I grew up (old Chicago 2 flat with English basement) actually had a small sitting room for the telephone just off the front door. And yeah we had pushbutton switches throughout.

Old houses up in the Keweenaw Peninsula frequently have a really odd mix of knob & tube wiring and modern Romex. And both are live.

Here is the article where I first read about the razor blade disposal... has some other neat items that are no longer in use:

My parents house had a clothes chute and a Maytag wringer wash machine. No dryer, we used a clothesline and in the winter the clothes hung in the attic.

I got them all, though I had to get the cable box by process of elimination. Credit goes to my elementary school music teacher for my knowing what the chalk holder was.

Frank, thank you!!!!!

This was a very much enjoyable quiz. Some brought back great memories. I missed 3.

Here is the article where I first read about the razor blade disposal... has some other neat items that are no longer in use:

Sweet Jesus McGee, could they have possibly incorporated even just one more link into the slideshow? ;)

Last edited:
I hope no one reads this thread BEFORE taking the quiz.

Frank, maybe you should edit your first post and mention that.

Back