Stuffed Burgers for Dinner

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Decided on burgers for dinner so early in the afternoon made Rich G. recipe for the buns topped with sesame seeds. I then mixed cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and mustard in one bowl. Then I mixed onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, seasoning, mustard with 80/20 beef together. Made patties and put the cream cheese mixture on them topped with another pattie. On the performer, cooked to 155*, added the buns for a little toast. Topped Burgers with lettuce, tomato and pickles and served with home fries.
DSCN6209_zpsmuorp02z.jpg

DSCN6213_zpsmafoqpsr.jpg

DSCN6215_zpsdb0sucig.jpg

DSCN6217_zps8mcrx9s2.jpg

DSCN6227_zpsgvwngq7y.jpg

DSCN6233_zps9ntda2an.jpg

DSCN6238_zps3hbxovuu.jpg

Plated and man were they good.
DSCN6241_zpszt46xlvl.jpg

DSCN6244_zpsqdqf4rcm.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Cinco de Mayo

Last edited:
Great job on your dinner!

You made your own buns, Barb? Just today, I was conferring with the wife about creating our own buns with fiber and flax meal / seed.

Those look great Barb! Thanks for the inspiration, I haven't done stuffed burgers in a while.

Those are some great looking stuffed burgers. Stuffing sounds like a nice compliment to the burger. Super looking home fries too.

Can you post the bun recipe?

Slow rise yeast?

Here you go Rusty we got this from Rich G

• Hamburger buns

• 3/4 to 1 cup lukewarm water*
• 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
• 1 large egg
• 3 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
• 1 tablespoon instant yeast
• *For best results (a smooth, slightly soft dough), use the smaller amount of water in summer (or in a humid environment), the greater amount in winter (or in a dry climate); and something in between the rest of the time.
Topping
• 3 tablespoons melted butter
Instructions
1. Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — to make a soft, smooth dough.
2. Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it's nearly doubled in bulk.
3. Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball; flatten to about 3" across. Place the buns on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until noticeably puffy.
4. Brush the buns with about half of the melted butter.
5. Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. This will give the buns a satiny, buttery crust.
6. Cool the buns on a rack.
7. Yield: 8 large buns.

Nice, Barb! Love how those turned out, and the buns look good.

Credit where credit is due......the bun recipe is from King Arthur's site. :)

Mmmm, burgers..... :)

R

Xi have to say, those burgers look amazing, but those homemade buns took this meal to a whole new level!! All I can say is WOW!
Tim

Back