Steak n Potatoes kind of day

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
No pig was cooked today

20161106_133517_zpsphoqqsf7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The new grill area is finally finished which we have named "The briQhouse"

This new addition to the backyard has been in the works for awhile as I received this rug last Christmas

20161106_151653_zpsmws1rpr9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A gift from my beautiful sweetheart

Picked up some aged rib eyes from the butcher

20161106_151956_zpstgl0qfax.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

While the steaks got to room temperature the lady of the house asked me to smoke some chicken thighs for a dinner later in the week

20161106_152303_zpsetrjeplx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Small red tatters were cut in half splashed with some EVOO and S&P wrapped in foil and put on the gasser at 450 for about 40 minutes

20161106_152402_zpslzalwd7d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Steaks resting

20161106_151857_zpsrrwczte6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20161106_152108_zps8qwn20rj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20161106_151541_zpsts5dehkv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and platted

20161106_151746_zpsl8pvirx5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Steaks were good but not great, I had the grill up to 500 before putting them on but I still don't get the sear on the steaks that I would like.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

The Briqhouse looks great, James, and you christened it up right with all that grub. I'll take the plate in your last photo..... Yum!

Nicely done James. I love all the real estate on that 26er.

Thanks Pat....that is the reason the 26er was purchased (at a steal via Craigslist).

You can go indirect on the performer....or you can really go completely indirect on the 26er.

For this fact alone the 26er get's about 80 percent of the grill action at the briQhouse.

Now that's a nice looking plate!

Kudos on the grill area - looks very nice.

I'm green with envy James over that terrific grilling area. Did you design it and build yourself? I've been thinking of something similar for several years now. Just can't seem to get around to it. Awesome job! Great steak and potato cook as well. That smoked chicken looks fantastic too. Good to see you post!

I'm green with envy James over that terrific grilling area. Did you design it and build yourself? I've been thinking of something similar for several years now. Just can't seem to get around to it. Awesome job! Great steak and potato cook as well. That smoked chicken looks fantastic too. Good to see you post!

Thanks Cliff, we had thought about the space that we needed for grilling and what we wanted. However, I don't have the talent or time to build something like that.

Just waiting for a guest griller from Redding to come into town and show me how it is done, you can even take your choice of the grills.

Nice arrangement you got there, James!

Man-o-man - set me up with a place like that, attached to a pier on a nice lake somewhere so I could cook and fish at the same time, and wifey would NEVER see me (except maybe Dinner time)

That last pic is Dope!

Back