Spotted at Costco: Japanese Wagyu A5 ribeyes

Noooooooooo I just got my Costco rewards certificate and I’m going to Costco in the morning.
Actually the only thing Wagyu I’ve had tasted like beef butter, it was too rich to be a meal.

I know what Wagyu beef is, never had it, nor would I pay that price for all fat, some rich guy would buy it. Thanks for sharing :)

I picked up some "American" wagyu flat iron steak from Costco in December. It was a quarter of that price. It was also one of the best meals I've ever cooked. I haven't seen it at Costco since.

Use by 08/02/21? What kind of preservatives do they add to that marbling? Unless it’s frozen. I would never
pay that much for frozen beef. It better be fresh off the WAGYU ranch ;)

First time I recall seeing it there, but my Wegman's had some A5 today at 159/lb. Guess I'll go to Costco to get mine. 😅

so just for ****s and giggles how would you guys cook an A5 Wagyu rib eye?
I’d probably put it on the SmokeFire at 200 until 110-115 and then pull it, crank her up to 600 and sear that bad boy! Minimal salt and pepper.
Be a lot of fun to try that.

so just for ****s and giggles how would you guys cook an A5 Wagyu rib eye?
I’d probably put it on the SmokeFire at 200 until 110-115 and then pull it, crank her up to 600 and sear that bad boy! Minimal salt and pepper.
Be a lot of fun to try that.
Definitely the reverse sear!
ddcbc6cf-d88f-4758-818b-28f3a4da12ef-jpeg.21168

That's a bucket list thing I'd love to try but by all accounts it's great but very rich and something you really need to share. My steak cookery isn't the best. I use a thermapen but even with that carryover can get me into to medium or I overcorrect and I'm rare. I'd hate to mess up an A5 Wagyu.

Back