Spotted at Costco: Japanese Wagyu A5 ribeyes

That's a bucket list thing I'd love to try but by all accounts it's great but very rich and something you really need to share. My steak cookery isn't the best. I use a thermapen but even with that carryover can get me into to medium or I overcorrect and I'm rare. I'd hate to mess up an A5 Wagyu.
I did a Wagyu beef rib last year it was like eating beef butter, so rich it was not something you could make a meal of, just a few bites was good.

Never tried Wagyu myself but one time I did have a high quality, ultra rich steak. I paid a fair price and even that itself was a little overwhelming. The richness of the fat does taste different and good too but you honestly can only eat so much of it. It will give you the heebie jeebies. I thought I read somewhere that when it comes to Wagyu that a 4 oz serving was definitely enough. I usually get pretty hungry and can eat like 4 times that amount of protein when I want to sit down and have a good meal. I appreciate the post and the pics but I will stick to my black angus when and if I can find it, something special about those too.......

so just for ****s and giggles how would you guys cook an A5 Wagyu rib eye?
I’d probably put it on the SmokeFire at 200 until 110-115 and then pull it, crank her up to 600 and sear that bad boy! Minimal salt and pepper.
Be a lot of fun to try that.
I'd cut it into strips and put it through the meat grinder. That would make for some great tasting burgers!

Those look good. I see a bit of that hard to cut through fat on there but in the end they are going to taste good and for that price.....
IT's nothing for strips or rib steaks here to be $17.99 per pound...and that's just regular meat........AAA I am guessing.

My steak cookery isn't the best.
Don't let too many people hear that. You might be exiled from Texas to Oklahoma if word gets out. ;)

I'd cut it into strips and put it through the meat grinder. That would make for some great tasting burgers!
And you could add bacon to make the burgers more lean. Which would be the first time bacon was ever used for that.;)

Back