SOLD!! My old Blue Performer for sale on CL, $195, or best offer from a member

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Update, Sold to our grandson, the restaurateur. He wanted it so I made him a deal he couldn't refuse.

I had planned to ask $150, but that was before getting it a new grate and char-baskets.
Too big for me to ship. :)

00B0B_f32bQ0QHFc2z_0j40ei_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
That's funny Bob I have the exact same blue performer with the exact same problem the ignitor doesn't work.
Good luck with your sale.

This one, Jim:
Beautiful colour!!!
Congratulations, Chef Bob!!

That's funny Bob I have the exact same blue performer with the exact same problem the ignitor doesn't work.
Good luck with your sale.
thats why I went with the base Performer and eliminated the gas/igniter setup. Simpler is better...............

I have had 3 performers all gas assit in the Last 15 years and never had a ignitor issue. Now my Genesis is another story.

Good to see you keeping the performer in the family Bob.

thats why I went with the base Performer and eliminated the gas/igniter setup. Simpler is better...............
10 year old performer, turn on the gas, push the button walk away, come back 5 minuets latter shut off the gas., move the baskets to where you want them. And every 10 years spend 15-20 minuets replacing a starter. You're right simpler is better.
I'll take me gas assist over farting around with a chimney anytime.

Last edited:
I put a brand new igniter on mine three years ago. It worked for a couple weeks. :rolleyes:
So did you purchase from Weber? And was it bad or some other issue? If bad you could have gotten a replacement under parts warranty for free. Parts are like humans some work and some well you get it.

Did you thoroughly clean out the gas tube before replacing the electrode that comes with the igniter kit? Often times it is build up in the gas tube or build up on the electrode or both that is the issue.

It's been 3 years, but I think I did. Maybe I'll take another look though.

Did you thoroughly clean out the gas tube before replacing the electrode that comes with the igniter kit? Often times it is build up in the gas tube or build up on the electrode or both that is the issue.
The tube and ignition being clogged/dirty is almost always the issue

I agree. That Summit coal burner I picked up this summer had a non functioning gas assist. It was getting gas and was trying to ignite, but wouldn't. I didn't want to have to take it out to inspect it, but Dave in KC said just stick something up the tube as it probably had something like a spider nest in it. I grabbed a piece of 16 ga electrical wire and shoved it in and out a few times, turned it on and hit the ignition button and I had "fire". Nothing came out of the tube when I stuck the wire in and out, but it must have cleared something out.

A small brush-like pipe cleaner works well too. They look similar to those longer handled brushes that cleaner drinking glasses.

All of these are perfect replies for a fire tube fix, I would add one more, if the others do not do the trick .
The wire that comes with the ignitor kit make it or your existing wire and the point in which the spark makes contact are cleaned. For the tube I glued sandpaper to a pencil like 220 and used that to ploih the tube area. And rub it over the wire end .
I got a kit once where the wire came in the kit was green already, got it from a box store.

Use a shotgun cleaning rod with a bronze brush on it, put it in your cordless drill and have at the tube. If you don't have a shotgun cleaning kit, go buy a shotgun, then buy a cleaning kit so you can fix your grill.

10 year old performer, turn on the gas, push the button walk away, come back 5 minuets latter shut off the gas., move the baskets to where you want them. And every 10 years spend 15-20 minuets replacing a starter. You're right simpler is better.
I'll take me gas assist over farting around with a chimney anytime.
Even with the 98 with gas assist I generally always use the chimney, seldom the baskets. I might try the baskets again just to use them for something different again.

Back