Smoked Chicken with Homemade Coleslaw

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Decided on chicken for dinner. Started out with the ingredients for my sauce. Cooked over medium heat for about 10 minutes till simmering. Season the chicken with oil and Mrs. Dash no salt for chicken. Then onto the performer direct for 5 minutes each side them indirect till it reach 160*. During the last 15 minutes brush sauce on both sides 2 or 3 times.
Choose yam rounds for my side dish which was brush with melted butter and Garli Garni seasoning. Grilled for about 15 minutes and turning to get the nice grill marks.

100_0481_zpsmqm6lzli.jpg

100_0486_zpsuskah8qu.jpg

100_0488_zpsczgyux8r.jpg

100_0494_zpswyketatw.jpg

100_0501_zpst0qxkgql.jpg

100_0510_zpskjizjvef.jpg

Then we have Whitney in pool cooling her paws while on Lizard patrol.
100_0505_zpss6gkiojx.jpg

Plated with homemade coleslaw to finish off the plate. Very delicious and will be doing again.
100_0514_zps3gyzxscp.jpg

Thanks for stopping and have a great week.

Last edited:
The chicken looks perfect, Barb! Glad your pup had a place to cool her feet off, too. :)

R

Perfect looking chicken and sides Barb. Love the color on the bird. So, how come you can post and Rich is having all the trouble?

That plated picture says it all Barb, looks amazing! Does the pup catch lizards? If so, why isn't mom & dad grilling them for the pup? :)

That plated picture says it all Barb, looks amazing! Does the pup catch lizards? If so, why isn't mom & dad grilling them for the pup? :)

She does catch lizards but they are small and they just fall threw the grates:)

Great looking meal Barb! It looks delicious! I'm glad others here have spoiled dogs! I don't feel so bad...

Back