Short Beef Ribs

Enrico Brandizzi

TVWBB Honor Circle
Short Beef Ribs.

Started with 7# untrimmed beef ribs. Trimmed the bone side removing the outer membrane, then the meat side .
I used a two layers flavour profile. Worchestershire Sauce first then Peppered Cow dry rub.
Let it rest in fridge for some hours till 1 pm.
I settled the WSM with ATC sistem at 250F.
Ready to smoke with hickory chunks and go!
First 3 hours naked at 250F.
Then wrapped in butcher paper and back in WSM.
4 more hours at 250F and finally bones hit 190F IT.
Stopped cooking and ready to slice and serve.
Super moist and tasty.
I was really happy with those bones!

IMG_5878 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5892 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5911 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5923 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5944 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5945 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5962 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5965 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5970 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_5972 di BBQness, su Flickr

Thanks for stopping by.
Enrico

I was really happy with those bones!
I should say so!!! Those are the best beef ribs I've seen, I mean that! I'm going to try that butcher paper, seems to be spot on. Would you use the butcher paper on baby backs or similar?

Bella , Bella ! I would love to taste those. Beef ribs are one of my favorites. Nice post.

ChuckO
Definitively! No more alu foil for my spares. I feel them a little bit crustyer than aluminium foil ones. W/o wrapping, on the other side, they are too much crusty, for me.

Enrico,

That looks awesome - materfull job sir! I have been wanting to try beef ribs and you have inspired me to do it...

Regards,

john

For someone (me) who doesn't really care for beef ribs that much, those looks delicious. Your pictures are always easy on the eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my, look at those short ribs! They definitely rank as some of the best I've seen. Love the photo of the top vent letting out that nice blue smoke.

Back