Saturday Brisket on my New Toy

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I picked up the new model 22.5 WSM off of Craig's list on Thursday.
I got it for half the price of a new one, so couldn't beat that with a stick!

This is an 8.5 pound choice brisket that I injected yesterday with a combo of Better than Bouillon,
Worchestire, and Low Sodium Soy Sauce. I seasoned it with Fine Swine and Bovine and Smokin Guns
Hot rub. Wrapped and placed in the refrigerator until this morning. This morning I gave it another dose
of Smokin Guns Hot and covered both sides with Montreal Steak seasoning.

Put onto my 22.5 WSM at 225 using water in the pan, with a few chunks of cherry and pecan
wood. I put it on the WSM at 7:30 AM.

At the 4 hour mark the WSM was within 5 degrees of what my Maverick was reading at grate level.
WSM showed 225, Maverick was 230.

Nice thin blue smoke coming out of this awesome cooking machine.

At 6:00 PM it was 198 and probed like butter throughout. I will be wrapping it in double foil and
rest it for the next hour.

Plated with some homemade macaroni salad.

Not sure if I cut with or against the grain. I notched a corner than lost it in the cooking. I did cut
the point off and will be using that for something else. Moist, tender, good bark and just the right
amount of smoke flavor. My day is done! :cool:

Your Brisket Looks GREAT Mike!
And the guy who sold the "new model 22.5 WSM" to you is now regretting it and experiencing nightmares...

When you post I know it will be good Mike, great score on that WSM, looks new. And the brisket looks fantastic, I have got to do one now, been awhile for me. Yours will be in my head till I do

Back