Sardines like 'em or hate 'em?

King Oscar much better than Season...
Yes, KO is a top brand I've tried. Had KO with lemon juice in olive oil yesterday, didn't care for them too much, I'd rather add the juice myself, if desired.
Picked up a tin of KO Spanish style, skinless boneless in olive oil with chili pepper.
I'll review them once I pop the top.

1616604270983.png

I had sardines tonight, along with capers and kalamata olives in a Pappardelle Puttanesca.;)
If you have an IP, you might want to give this recipe a go.
I would, but my wife can't tolerate the smell of the little fish.
https://www.killingthyme.net/2021/0...UWZgVKK3-mB6HZRLEd2HUgzDFU8Vd9I9cPbkuOAQZWdhQ

Maybe it's my imagination, but since I've added sardines to my diet on a regular basis my arthritis seems much improved. They are high in Omega-3 fatty acid. well known for its anti inflammatory properties.

Last edited:
Had my first taste of King Oscar sardines today for lunch. I thought the taste and quality of the sardines was better than others I’ve eaten. I had to get over the tail fin being left on, but that was just mental.

I always keep several tins of King Oscar in olive oil in the pantry. I eat them on toast
They’re good on rice and spaghetti, too.

Last edited:
Yes, KO is a top brand I've tried. Had KO with lemon juice in olive oil yesterday, didn't care for them too much, I'd rather add the juice myself, if desired.
Picked up a tin of KO Spanish style, skinless boneless in olive oil with chili pepper.
I'll review them once I pop the top.
How would you compare Season to Crown Prince?

I haven't given up. Small portions of sardines with thinly-sliced cheddar on a Town House and in the microwave for short seconds. Probably unorthodox but I enjoyed them!

20210508_131058.jpg

How would you compare Season to Crown Prince?
I need to start keeping notes, I've had so many brands lately it's hard to make comparisons.
Both of those were good, but pretty average. Baltic Gold and Matiz are at the top of my preferred brands.

Back