Rotisserie

I’m thinking of picking up a rotisserie after reading this thread. What should I expect to pay for one to fit a Genesis 1300? I see a NOS one on eBay for $75 shipped.

The one I saw is an 9890. Also, what do people think of the OnlyFire brand rotisserie?

Looking harder, it seems I can get one as cheap as $50.

Last edited:
If I was buying new, I would get the one that Sam linked. However, if you bide your time a bit and keep an eye on CL and FB Marketplace, you will likely find a weber brand one for under $50. I have two of them. One is a #9890 and one is a #9891. I am working on picking up a Genesis Gold C that has a #9890 with it as well. While the #9891 has its uses, the #9890 is much more universal.

Keep an eye out for grills being sold cheap that have them with them. I have gotten a couple that came with the grills I buy for rehab. I have sold two or three with my rehabbed grills and sold one to another forum member. They are pretty common.

Do you know if that fits the older webers? Like the genesis 1000?

Reading the Amazon reviews, it says that it will fit. People also say that it’s much better than the original Weber model.
So I’m going to go with Sam’s suggestion. Thanks!

Post up a review once you get a chance to use it

Unfortunately, I already put my grills away for the winter so it won’t be until spring before I can use it. Part of the reason for this is because I’m having a deck built where my gas line is. I had to turn it off and disconnect the piping for the ledger board.

So a belated Meater review:

The Meater has changed my rotisserie cooking, and I have even used it in the oven inside the house. It gives you a read on the temperature of the meat and also the ambient temp inside the grill through an app you download onto your smartphone. You can also put it in the "cloud" and I guess read the temps from across town, but I'm not fond of using too much "cloud" and in general don't want to be too online. Ironic that I like this forum, but for example, I am not on facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. I just don't think that I need to contribute to 1984. The only thing Orwell missed is that we would do it to ourselves. Getting back on topic, with Bluetooth, you can see your temps from about 10 to 15 feet away, and it will beep if you lose your connection. It also estimates the time remaining for the cook, which I find really helpful. You set your meat type and target temperature, and it calculates time remaining. Overall, I like it very much. I'm not upset about the price, because a device like this was made by people like us who like to grill and went out and created a device and company that will benefit the greater grilling community. I don't feel bad about supporting people like that at all. If I were to give it a grade, it would be a solid A.

Thanks for the review THyde. If there is a Black Friday deal on the Meater I may just break down and get one.

Do you know if that fits the older webers? Like the genesis 1000?

Here you go...

18SUCA7.jpg

We are hosting Christmas this year, and I want to do something on the rotisserie BESIDES chicken, as we will likely be having baked ziti or some other Italian style pasta as a carb. Who can recommend something to spin that would pair well with pasta? I'm asking now because I want to spin this mystery meat once at least before Christmas. Now THAT is slow and low!

I’m jumping in before getting to the end of the thread as I tend to get distracted but, back to your project.
I suggest butterflying a nice half pork loin, making up a “stuffing” of sautéed red onion, garlic, fresh fennel (sliced very thinly) maybe some Meyer lemon zest and some dried fruit like chopped apricot, or craisins etc. Lay it open on your board spread the filling on most of the opened loin, drizzle with some brandy or calvados, the juice of the 1/2 the lemon maybe a light dusting of breadcrumbs (Or not) roll, tie in the most even careful string work you can muster. Spit and spin! Roughly 45-60 minutes, it should be a delightful color, the fennel will offer a nice flavor and some chopped fennel fronds will be a pretty garnish! Serve with a drizzle of excellent EVOO and the rest of the lemon.
Some fava beans and a nice Chianti...

BTW I still have not been able to get that neck reset on it. Just had to buy another car so another $16k just flew out the window and now the remaining car is in need of some major surgery. Life lesson here. Don't let anyone tell you synthetic oil is not worth the price. Some vehicles especially Toyota V6 3.0 and 3.3 engines are VERY sensitive to oil quality. We bought a Toyota Highlander from a gentleman who appeared to have taken very nice care of it. However he did not splurge on oil. Using whatever the local oil change places put in. Well the oil baffles in the valve covers on it are all sludged up (even though he was religious about oil changes). So now the engine is blowing oil out of every seal and past the PCV system. And the AC has gone to heaven so it's looking like a $1,000 repair, not to mention a host of other ills. Looking like I need to spend in excess of $2500 on a $3500 car. So most likely going to be shopping yet again. I'm just bleeding money lately :(

BTW I still have not been able to get that neck reset on it. Just had to buy another car so another $16k just flew out the window and now the remaining car is in need of some major surgery. Life lesson here. Don't let anyone tell you synthetic oil is not worth the price. Some vehicles especially Toyota V6 3.0 and 3.3 engines are VERY sensitive to oil quality. We bought a Toyota Highlander from a gentleman who appeared to have taken very nice care of it. However he did not splurge on oil. Using whatever the local oil change places put in. Well the oil baffles in the valve covers on it are all sludged up (even though he was religious about oil changes). So now the engine is blowing oil out of every seal and past the PCV system. And the AC has gone to heaven so it's looking like a $1,000 repair, not to mention a host of other ills. Looking like I need to spend in excess of $2500 on a $3500 car. So most likely going to be shopping yet again. I'm just bleeding money lately :(

My 2002 4runner has the 3.4 and 200K on it. Runs like a fine watch and every thing still works perfectly except the rear window wiper. No leaks and never uses any oil between changes the Toyota dealer recommends a synthetic blend for mine which I've always used, seems to be doing the job. At 70 years old I don't want to go car shopping again. Our primary traveling car is Barbs 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport it only has 40 K on it because for all the intown trips we use the 4runner.
New/used cars are getting to expensive for me, I can't fathom spending 50-60k for a new pickup truck or 30-35K for a 5-6 year old truck, that's just nuts to me.

Larry, I am very sorry to hear about you car troubles. Especially as it's a busy time of year. I need to do some maintenance on my car, I have the parts and am just looking for the time!

Also, Larry, to respond back in time, yes, this rotisserie cook will be for Christmas Day, not Eve. So as a half Italian, we will not violate any seven fishes protocols. I'm all too aware of them, and am happy to be half Irish so I can ignore them without personal scrutiny. Well, not too much. My personal Irish side has always been so much less critical than my Italian side has been. If there is food and beer all is good!

In any event, I am thinking I will spin the pork roast as recommended, and will be happy to post up the results.

Stay tuned!

Tim

Back