Rotisserie

It was a tenderloin, I couldn't find a loin roast at my local store. I'll have to explore dedicated meat shops nearby for some better and / or more appropriate cuts of meat.

Just did a little research on your garlic “surprise”.
Apparently, garlic will react this way when there is significant copper sulfate in the cooking media or other ingredients. Perfectly safe, no worries, but, it does seem pretty weird,
As to finding pork loins? They are Common as fleas on a hound around here, try Giant Eagle. My sister lives in Pittsburgh and they run decent deals on them every few weeks. They go for $1.99/lb around here from one grocery store or another full ride, sale prices can run as low as $1.19!
A butcher may have a roast from heritage breeds which will doubtless be amazing but, will probably carry a pretty dear price tag. Maybe for a special occasion but, they are cheap enough around here that I can use them pretty much anytime I feel like boneless pork chops. I will get one and halve it, then slice the other half for nice chops, always cheaper than boneless chops in the 2 or 4 pack. I have three in my freezer almost all the time! Shop the sale.

Yes, I saw info about copper sulfates too. It was either the lemon juice or the pineapples I’m guessing. Acids help that chemical reaction.

I may need to look into my meat cuts a little more closely!

In other news, wife is now thinking ham for Christmas. Boring but easy. Sigh.

I have a brace of ham in the freezer so, that’s determined but, there is also a brisket, 23lb. turkey, racks of lamb, shanks, pork loins and who knows what else? That’s the basement, the fridge freezer is another story!
I think I’m good on protein from the freezer for a while. I need to sort and cook some of that off and start the New Year with a brisket smoke maybe, with lamb and shrimp and a stuffed pork loin? Well, maybe not ALL of it...but, then again.

So I’m spinning a chicken for the first time in a while. I’ve been just Brining them and then putting Adobo on them then spin. I’ll try and remember to take some pictures but we have guests so I get some outside input!

Here is last night's chicken. I need to get better at trussing. Just brined, Adobo on it and it was delicious. I again recommend the Meater thermometer, phenomenal!

sv2sxDm.jpg
[/IMG]

Yah, you could have probably done a bit better job trussing him up, but regardless, it looks great and now I am hungry. It almost makes me want to ditch the pizza idea the wife came up with and pull some steaks out. But, I just finished painting my first rehab grill of the year and am ready to relax a bit.

And the leftovers are pretty decent as well. That bird I did the other night............has yielded some tasty sandwiches and some tasty chicken quesadillas the carcass will yield to some nice bone broth as well

Spinning a bird really offers so much, the ease of preparation, the beauty in presentation, the first delight in the initial feast, followed by all the additional elements Larry mentions.
I’m spinning chicken this weekend! Thanks guys!
Anyone spin over a Vortex, too hot?
I just ordered one and anxious to start playing with it! Heck, it’s not even here yet and I’m feeling excited to use it! I think thighs might be a good starting place though.

Last edited:
I have a frozen 6 pounder in the freezer waiting on the roto. I am going to pull that out one of these days. But, before that, I have a rack of beef ribs that need attentions.

Back