Rotisserie Pork Chops & Grilled Apples

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
I made a flat basket to go with the rotisserie ring for the 14.5 WSM: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?63585-Made-a-Flat-Basket-for-the-14-5-Rotisserie

PICT1363_zpsjixrkerd.jpg

It was time to give it a spin. Have OD on chicken & beef & was considering pork. Decided to try a Weber/Jamie Purviance recipe for Whiskey-Mustard Pork Chops & Grilled Apples. Brined the chops for 4 hours, brushed them with EVOO, seasoned with salt & pepper. Coated them with the whiskey-mustard glaze.

PICT1366_zpsabwiokqy.jpg

Whirled direct for 25 minutes.

PICT1370_zpsq0tmmr5n.jpg

PICT1374_zpshh8mwywm.jpg

Grilled some Granny Smiths:

PICT1376_zpsbcjvhuxf.jpg

Coated the apple slices with the remaining glaze & dinner was ready!

PICT1386_zpsathuttqs.jpg

I'd do it again.

Last edited:
Nice work Robert, basket looks great. We've got that recipe lined up for next week also. Yours looks really good, nice cook.

Best looking plate of chops I've seen in quite a while. Well played sir!

I'm going to echo everyone's comments & hope something that good turns up in front of me this week :)

Great job Robert. I told Weber many years ago to make a rotisserie ring for the 14.5 . They said the demand would not be there. I'm very surprised that nobody jumped on this idea. Thanks for sharing .

Great job Robert. I told Weber many years ago to make a rotisserie ring for the 14.5 . They said the demand would not be there. I'm very surprised that nobody jumped on this idea. Thanks for sharing .

Thanks! I could invert the ring, slot it, move the bracket for the motor & it would work on a Smokey Joe. Might give that idea a whirl one of these days.

Robert,

That food looks great....

But you said you MADE the basket? Making your own tools is a whole new ballgame sir and my hat is off to you

Back