Rich Dahl's Fault!

And here I was expecting to see another Weber Indoor Cooker...

Congrats!

Jim, Your timing is perfect I just finished my second winter Weber last night. My beloved green Weber Gen 2000 is in it's winter hibernation mode it's been with me for 22 years. So I decided to make another winter weber to get me by till spring when I can start using the gen 2000 again.
DSCN2766.JPG

101_6097.JPG

101_6100.JPG

When a 10" Beswood slicer came up on CL for $150, I snagged it......this should put my old Chef's Choice unit to shame! :)

View attachment 19064
You're going to really like that Slicer. I haven't found anything that will slow it down.
But don't blame me our leader Chris has one also and that's what made me buy mine.
Nice find for sure.

You're going to really like that Slicer. I haven't found anything that will slow it down.
But don't blame me our leader Chris has one also and that's what made me buy mine.
Nice find for sure.
Ok, by extension, then, I blame @Chris Allingham!

I'm really excited to have found it for a good price. The guy said he used it only 3-4 times, and it looks it. Now all I need is something to slice up while I wait for my dry cured coppa to finish drying (8 weeks!) :)

R

Ok, by extension, then, I blame @Chris Allingham!

I'm really excited to have found it for a good price. The guy said he used it only 3-4 times, and it looks it. Now all I need is something to slice up while I wait for my dry cured coppa to finish drying (8 weeks!) :)

R
Is that what you are planning to do with the second half of that belly you got yesterday, 7 day cure to get to be able to slice some bacon?

Is that what you are planning to do with the second half of that belly you got yesterday, 7 day cure to get to be able to slice some bacon?
Not quite.....half of that belly is going to be pancetta, the other half has been portioned out to add to batches of sausage when I need to up the fat content. :) I'll have some sliceable chorizo in 2-3 weeks if I don't royally screw that up today!

R

Not quite.....half of that belly is going to be pancetta, the other half has been portioned out to add to batches of sausage when I need to up the fat content. :) I'll have some sliceable chorizo in 2-3 weeks if I don't royally screw that up today!

R
Man that is a long time to have to wait to use the new toy, that gives you time to get that tote, finding a good hiding spot and then pull it out in a few week like it has always been there, look forward to seeing your chorizo.

What a find! I paid over twice that for mine. Still totally worth it. I also blame Chris as he recommended it so highly!

been away so long i've missed this post (or i ain't trying hard enough to read all the good stuff)
Rich, so .... do i need to replace my Chef's Choice slicer?

I knead to know cuz i'm kinda getting tired of it.

Back