Ready for some Baseball

Pshh... Gio Gonzalez was southside news years ago (didn't care for him then either). We all know there's only one Gio now. ;)

Gio had a few good years here in Washington. But you always knew it was time to turn off the TV when he started talking to himself on the mound. :D

It's finally happened - every number from 0/00 through 99 has been worn in a major league game:

Last edited:
It's finally happened - every number from 0/00 through 99 has been worn in a major league game:

I can't believe that MLB did not go through all 99 numbers until now. That's crazy.

Actually, it's 101 numbers...102 if you include the 09 that Benito Santiago wore for part of his career.

When I was a kid it seemed like the numbers 60 and up were almost never used outside of spring training and not nearly as often as now. Back then if a long shot made the roster he'd be issued a new, lower number. At least that's how I remember it.

The first unusual number I remember was Paul Dade's 00 for the Indians back in the '70s.

Here are a couple of good uniform pages:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/numbers.cgi?number=00

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/uniform-numbers.shtml#all_season_leaderboard

Last edited:
ChiSox still in first! These are very exciting times for White Sox fan. I'm busting! And hopefully will be for years to come!

GO SOX!

Sadly hey got spanked by the Twinkies last night. Hopefully today they'll bounce back. Now I am hearing noises that the teams that make it into playoffs and the series will not be allowed to play in their own parks. Totally BS move. I am truly looking for a Subway series in Chicago

Goofus hits a home run but pitches a hissy as he crosses the plate, thus getting himself ejected from a game that has significant playoff implications.

Gallant busts his a** and beats out a weak grounder to short, driving in the tying run and setting up the winning run to help his team to a 3-game divisional lead.

Just a couple of Highlights from yesterday's White Sox game.;)

Last edited:
That was quite a game yesterday, When Doofus or Goofus hit that homer he acted like he won the game but it was still early.
12 years since the White Sox are in the playoffs, and they are the second team to clinch. Last time was against these same Twins in the black out game.

I remember that throw from Junior from right field that he delivered perfectly to Pierzynski at the plate. I for sure thought AJ's arm got dislocated after that tag.

Oh IDK.... The Reds are playing tough and have a shot, so they won't be laying down to the Twins. Plus, if the Sox are going into the playoffs, I don't necessarily want a cake schedule. Keep the competitiveness going for this young club.

Craw, how is it that you're a White Sox fan? The overwhelming majority of Iowans I've known over the years have rooted for the Cardinals or Cubs in the NL and the Royals or Twins (the I-35 teams) in the AL. I remember the Sox having their AAA team in Des Moines (the Iowa Oaks) in the '70s and '80s but that would probably be a link only for older fans.

Craw, how is it that you're a White Sox fan? The overwhelming majority of Iowans I've known over the years have rooted for the Cardinals or Cubs in the NL and the Royals or Twins (the I-35 teams) in the AL. I remember the Sox having their AAA team in Des Moines (the Iowa Oaks) in the '70s and '80s but that would probably be a link only for older fans.
That's the EXACT reason I'm a Sox fan. The few. The proud!

Plus, I started getting into pro baseball in the late 80's early 90's w/ the likes of Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, etc. Frank Thomas is my favorite player.

I'll tell ya, seeing "The Big Hurt" in person is WAY different than on TV. The sound when he connected was something that filled the park. Like no other player. And believe me you don't want to be sitting in the stands to the side he fouled off balls into. They sounded like Laws Rockets coming over head

I'm getting concerned about the Sox. L10 Twins and the Tribe are 6-4 while we are 4-6. We get swept tonite the hated Cubbies will love to play spoilers.

Back