Ready for some Baseball

Not even 20 games in and both Stanton and Judge are hurt. Not surprising that it happened, but surprising that it happened this fast.

Speaking (writing?) of power hitters, earlier tonight I came across this story about Dick Allen. Because of him and Wilbur Wood I became a White Sox fan in the early '70s and I still remember him fondly for what he did as a player, but he was a complex and often controversial person (to put it mildly). It's a LONG read but pretty interesting:

https://www.cooperstowncred.com/elect-dick-allen-hall-of-fame/

Last edited:
I heard they drove up in 41 rented cars, one player per car.
I wonder if they'll run into any mysterious "detours" when they return to St. Louis...;)

This 7-inning doubleheader concept is weird. Great for the winning team and the losing team probably feels cheated, especially in a close game. I seem to recall that years ago minor league doubleheaders would feature 1 9-inning game and 1 7-inning game, and IIRC the second game was the shorter one. But that memory's pretty hazy.

Last edited:
2020's version of the South Side Hit Men are making the 1977 team look like a bunch of singles hitters.;) #1 (tied) in HR, #2 in batting average, #1 in slugging and #2 in OPS. And the 27 HR they've hit in the last 7 games (all wins, not coincidentally) are a record for that span.

I don't know how long it's going to last but I'm loving it!

Even though a Cubs fan for my entire life have to say I am LOVIN seeing the Sox do what they're doing (even at the expense of my Cubs LOL). Could not be happier for them. Truly hoping for a subway series

It's gotta be killing both owners ( esp Jerry) that there are no fannies in the seats. Sox fans are notorious for not showing up unless you put a winner out there. Well so far the Sox look legit!

Tim

Well yesterday Yu put a stop to the bleeding of long balls against the Cubs and since long ball is the primary game of the Sox an end to the win streak as well. But, I gotta say I am truly enjoying the Sox this year. They're playing some darn good baseball

Well yesterday Yu put a stop to the bleeding of long balls against the Cubs and since long ball is the primary game of the Sox an end to the win streak as well. But, I gotta say I am truly enjoying the Sox this year. They're playing some darn good baseball
Darvish was dealing yesterday, throwing some nasty stuff. I thought we would have a chance when they got into the pen.. almost.

Yeah as soon as I saw Kimbrel come out I figured the game belonged to the Sox. But, I guess whatever mess his head was in is now straightened out. e was bringing it yesterday

Absolutely lovin watching the Sox and last night Gio throws a no hitter, strikes out 12! Last time out he SO 13 and to think like 2 years ago he was considered one of the worst pitchers in the game if not the worst. And absolutely love the insights Stony gives about how he's pitching.

GEEEEE-OH! No-No! https://www.mlb.com/news/lucas-giolito-throws-no-hitter-vs-pirates

This team is so fun! I'm enjoying every minute of it. And they got Yolmer back! He was one of my favs.
Gotta be careful with those Giolito headlines...people may think that Gio Gonzalez pitched a no-hit inning.;)

The Yolmer deal must've just happened, although the Giants released him 5 days ago. I wonder if Nick Madrigal's hurt worse than was originally thought.

Gotta be careful with those Giolito headlines...people may think that Gio Gonzalez pitched a no-hit inning.;)

The Yolmer deal must've just happened, although the Giants released him 5 days ago. I wonder if Nick Madrigal's hurt worse than was originally thought.
Pshh... Gio Gonzalez was southside news years ago (didn't care for him then either). We all know there's only one Gio now. ;)

Yep, it *just* happened before the no-no I believe. Yolmer is a special character - great for the clubhouse. Madrigal on the other hand...? I heard he's doing just fine rehabbing in Schaumburg. :cool:

Back