Ready for some Baseball

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I'm ready, 2020 has been an awful year. Tough schedule for the G-Men, besides playing everyone in their division 10 time each, they go to Houston for 3 games, they play the Angles & Seattle 4 games, they play Texas 3 games, fortunately at home and of course they play the A's 6 games

But hey....It's some Baseball and I'm ready for something (stock car racing no longer works for me)

RbMNNKs.jpg

Thankfully we have a Frontier League team here and we can see live baseball. It's not major league but I don't care. It's fun, it's live and it's BASEBALL

I am SO ready for baseball. It cannot start soon enough. Hoping it makes this summer feel a little like normal but I realize all the new rules will make it different. Ready to watch my favorite sport!

I'm ready and crossing my fingers that it actually happens. My son's Babe Ruth league started a "spring season" about three weeks ago. He's only 12, but playing up - Little League threw in the towel for the season and he'll be playing BR in the fall anyway. I've been an assistant coach for the last 5 years and he and I are both really enjoying being back on the field. We have to spread everyone out, so there is usually nobody in the dugouts, but it beats not playing at all.

Let's go, Nats!!!

Last edited:
As of Tuesday, MLB reported 66 positive coronavirus tests of players (58) and personnel (8). That is just under a 2% positive rate; significantly better than most of the communities they will play in. 7 Dodgers are missing from camp without explanation. I'm assuming other teams have similar numbers. Then there is the growing list of players opting out. If I were a betting man, I would place a bet that the season never starts. Or I'd put down a more substantial bet that it is shut down within 3 weeks of starting, if it does start. MLB is relying on an honor system rather than the NBA bubble model which significantly increases the number of contacts each player has.

The NBA bubble seems to be the most well thought out, until you consider the difficulty of keeping hundreds of wealthy young men in their hotels 24/7 except for games, while keeping out all manner of family, friends and side pieces. Players on the teams that make the Finals can expect to be under this "house arrest" for something like 5 months.

MLS has already dismissed two teams from its tournament for too many positive tests. Maybe the MLS champ should be the team with the least amount of positive coronavirus tests in three weeks.

Regardless of sport, some players with secure futures (that already have their second contract or reached free agency) will opt out. Those entering the last year of their contracts or needing a service year to get to free agency will mostly risk it.

Just trying to watch some baseball (Dodgers/Giants), but I gave up due to the annoying fake fan noise at levels above the commentators. It is going to be quite a season with all the modifications and my vagabond Blue Jays ending up in Buffalo. Saw them at Exhibition Stadium and Skydome including the '92 WS. I'll pass on Buffalo which wasn't the Jays AAA team back in the day. We did go to see them in Syracuse when they were the Chiefs. Here in LV no AAA this year, but the Golden Knights leave for the NHL bubble in Edmonton tomorrow.

Hey, Chuck!!! No sausages to bring the G-men some luck?!?! ;) At least they managed to hang on today!!! (hope you don't have it taped.....)

R

Really enjoyed Thursday and last night watching the Nats. Thursday was a little tough seeing Scherzer strike out 11 and we still got beat up. But last night was great in spite of Strasburg being scratched.

I've got to say that whoever is doing the crowd noise sounds in Nats Park is fantastic. If you weren't seeing shots of the stands, you'd have sworn that stadium was full. They were doing everything from loud cheers for homers, to oohs and ahs on close calls, etc. It was really well done.

I think adding crown noise is kinda crazy. Now at the games in Wrigley for the most part it doesn't have to be added they simply have mics pointed at the rooftops. Owners there did not get "her honor's" stern warnings :D

It's nice having baseball back, abiet in this modified form. Better than none at all, so there's that.

Hopefully the Giants can win today's game and leave LA with a split.

Still have doubts as to whether mlb will be able complete this season. If the number of players testing positive goes up significantly or if one or more teams really gets hit by the virus, then they may have no choice but to shut it down.

I’m agreeing with Brian... I believe this attempt will fail.
and in turn, football, of any kind, will not take place this year 🙁

Giants are 5-4 at the time of writing. The Braves are bringing their best game, and those Yankees... Home Run kings

Hey, Chuck!!! No sausages to bring the G-men some luck?!?! ;) At least they managed to hang on today!!! (hope you don't have it taped.....)R
Probably should have made some yesterday. Shark just doesn't have it, coach was too slow to pull him

Both Cubs and Sox won last night again! Love seeing my teams doing well. Too bad Kimbrel is pitching so badly for the Cubs. He now has a 32 ERA YIKES! Maybe we'll see a subway (well actually L) series in Chicago :D

LMichaels - the Cubs look good this year. Hoping my Royals find their bats real soon. If not, it will be a long short season. Maybe it would be good to cancel the season now and forget about the first 10-12 games.

Back