Ready for some Baseball

Bullpen failure 3 days in a row and now they're 1 back of the Twins and 1 ahead of the Indians.:mad:

I hope they take out a LOT of frustration over the next 3 days...

I really want to see the Sox take 2 out of 3 from the Cubs here. The Cubs are still far enough in the lead it won't hurt them as much as the Sox losing 2 of 3 to them. I just want to see both teams truly in first. I am so hoping for a Chicago World Series. I know it's a long shot but if it were to happen no matter who won I would be elated!
I still remember 1959 when the Sox took the AL pennant. My dad was at the game. In those days almost all the Sox games were night and all the Cubs were day games. The Sox were considered the "working man's team" while the Cubs were considered the team of the "elite" who could get away to watch day baseball.
Anyway when they clinched Mayor Daily decided the air raid sirens had to sound in celebration. For those of you old enough to remember those sirens REALLY meant something in the day. My poor mother got us out of bed, my brother was a baby (only about 6 months old), and she's trying to hustle the 4 of us kids down 3 flights of stairs into the basement of the Chicago 2 flat. Lights on all over the neighborhood. Sirens blaring. It was a fiasco.
Anyway, I would so love to see both teams make it

I still remember 1959 when the Sox took the AL pennant. My dad was at the game.

So was my Dad.:cool: He bought a pennant that hung in his den for like forever.
I was only one and we lived in The Back Of The Yards, but my Mom always talked about the sirens and how she ran us down from the top floor of a 3 flat.

Yeah I was 8. I remember the panic. And of course the form of communication then in the neighborhoods was moms calling out the windows to the neighbors. It was quite the night. My dad as well, came home with a souvenir pennant. We lived in the Belmont Craigin area. Just off Cicero Ave smack between Diversey and Belmont. I don't know if you remember the Waterfall at the Olson Rug place. Here https://forgottenchicago.com/columns/northwest/olson-waterfall/ is a little history of it. My friend and I used to ride our bikes there. Funny how our moms would let us ride our bikes pretty far and wide in the city with not a second thought.
Anyway..................good memories of a time gone by.

Good luck to your Cardinals today Bob! A Card's win over the Brew Crew is the only hope the Giants have for the last NL Wild Card spot. That's assuming the Giants whip the Pad's today, and that's a mighty big if.

Good luck to your Cardinals today Bob! A Card's win over the Brew Crew is the only hope the Giants have for the last NL Wild Card spot. That's assuming the Giants whip the Pad's today, and that's a mighty big if.
Thanks Cliff!
I'm sure the Crew and their fans would love to spoil it for the Cards.
Good luck to your Giants!

The Cubs are not being nice at all LOL. They're spanking the daylights outta the Sox. After losing so many games NOW they gotta wake up?!

And getting the #8 NL seed with a record of 29-31...the Milwaukee Brewers.

Welcome to the NHL-ization of MLB.;)

I still remember 1959 when the Sox took the AL pennant. My dad was at the game. In those days almost all the Sox games were night and all the Cubs were day games. The Sox were considered the "working man's team" while the Cubs were considered the team of the "elite" who could get away to watch day baseball.
Anyway when they clinched Mayor Daily decided the air raid sirens had to sound in celebration. For those of you old enough to remember those sirens REALLY meant something in the day. My poor mother got us out of bed, my brother was a baby (only about 6 months old), and she's trying to hustle the 4 of us kids down 3 flights of stairs into the basement of the Chicago 2 flat. Lights on all over the neighborhood. Sirens blaring. It was a fiasco.

Great story, LMichaels! Thanks for sharing.

LET'S - GO - SOX!

Sox look good so far.
Knocked out the starter, ( why start a lefties against us?)
Bullpen worries me tho..

It was a great game. It would do my old heart good to see them take the next game and go to the next round without too much drama LOL. I think the bullpen was just a little bit of jitters. But Colome shut them down pretty darn good

Back