Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

I was hired within 2 weeks of being offered the job. Had my background check and drug screen done BEFORE they gave me a starting date.
I'm not sure that there really is a guy, so I've been referring to him as "Sasquatch", because I hear about him, but I ain't seeing him!

Sooooo, I asked today about Sasquatch and was told that he declined the job.
WT...?!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:
But I was told that they are doing virtual interviews with 8 more candidates and will fast track the "winner".
Customer service dummy me is still in the truck for a couple more weeks.
#$@%&)$%# !!!!!!!!

For several years (a LOT of years ago,) there was a fox that knew the sound of the hay mowditioner very well. He (or she, not makin' judgements...,) would show up 10-20 minutes after opening up a field, and sit in the field just where he wouldn't get run over by the tractor, less than 6' away. He'd watch the windrow intently, bounce into the air, come back down in the cut hay, and pop back up with a vole or field mouse in his mouth. He'd do this for a couple of hours easily, fastest way for his to get a fresh lunch. If we stopped the tractor and got out, he'd immediately run to the far side of the field.

Andre Braugher has been nominated 3 times for his work on Brooklyn Nine-Nine but has yet to win. The Emmys are clearly rigged.

Anyone that lives in the Charlotte area needs to check this out...

I purchased a wagon load of hickory for $20.00. I gave away the outside (bark) portions and kept the heart wood for smoking, and I must tell you, the pork butts I have smoked with this wood is fantastic. This has to be some of the best Q I have ever made.

Last edited:
So, our 2 rescue doxies, Daisy and Levi, are crazy!
I put fresh food out every morning and they eat some after TCBing.
Then, they do what dogs do and lay around all day.
But, when it's time to go to bed, they try and scarf all the food up!
Crazy dogs!

made pretzel dogs again last night & they were as good as I remembered. Used Nathan's Cheese dogs, wrapped each with a slice of American before the dough. We just got back from a day in the desert otherwise I'd have liked to have smoked the dogs before cooking, maybe next time, but it was a long day & getting late.

I used thin crust pizza dough from a tube cut into 8 slices to accommodate the 8 dogs.

The difference between pretzel dogs & pigs in a blanket is just the 30 second boil in the baking soda water. I went a little heavy on the kosher salt, probably reduce that a bit next time.

View attachment 5562

Just might give this a try for lunch today. Thanks for sharing.

OK, those didn't last long. I cheated and just used a Pilsbury pizza crust. No eggs in the house, so olive oil was used for the egg wash. Already requests to make them for tomorrow's lunch. Thanks again for sharing, @Clint .

1590511628109.png

1590511684987.png

1590511775237.png

You can make those for my lunch tomorrow, too!;)

What brand of hot dogs did you use?

I just used regular old Ball Park Beef franks. Given my choice, I'll probably go with a cheddarwurst or something similar next time.

Not your ordinary smoker!

96889353_699905960771587_798349182405443584_n.jpg

Back