Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Jason in CA

TVWBB All-Star
Why does the weather stay really nice all week then rain on my days off? I've got a lot of things I want to get done around the house (like there is anything else to do with everything shut down) but the rain is throwing a wrench on that.

Also I pulled out some skirt steak with the intention of making fajitas on the BBQ. I really wish I had a covered patio. First world problems are a bear.

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Honor Circle
Soooo, the new driver was supposed to start last week, but had concerns about switching jobs with the virus around.
He was told to start or we'd find another new driver.
He called the boss Monday and said that his mom got hurt and he needed a day or two to take care of her. :rolleyes:
I found out yesterday that he STILL hasn't taken his drug screening.
Uh, isn't that supposed to be done before he's given a start date?
I told the boss that I think that there really isn't a new driver and that he's just wanting to keep the "free" labor of me in the truck!
He didn't realize that I was totally joking and took ME seriously!
Silly boss!

Jason in CA

TVWBB All-Star
Soooo, the new driver was supposed to start last week, but had concerns about switching jobs with the virus around.
So why did he apply if he had concerns about switching jobs at the moment? Or has his hiring process been taking that long? My work can interview drug screen and hire within a week. If people don't get their drug screens turned in we just move on to somebody else.

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
The best thing about having 4 propane tanks is finding the 4th at the side of the house is full when I thought they were all empty.....and it turns out my favorite propane store closed 7 months ago according to the place i called by mistake.

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Honor Circle
So why did he apply if he had concerns about switching jobs at the moment? Or has his hiring process been taking that long? My work can interview drug screen and hire within a week. If people don't get their drug screens turned in we just move on to somebody else.
I was hired within 2 weeks of being offered the job. Had my background check and drug screen done BEFORE they gave me a starting date.
I'm not sure that there really is a guy, so I've been referring to him as "Sasquatch", because I hear about him, but I ain't seeing him!

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Honor Circle
I was hired within 2 weeks of being offered the job. Had my background check and drug screen done BEFORE they gave me a starting date.
I'm not sure that there really is a guy, so I've been referring to him as "Sasquatch", because I hear about him, but I ain't seeing him!
Sooooo, I asked today about Sasquatch and was told that he declined the job.
WT...?!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:
But I was told that they are doing virtual interviews with 8 more candidates and will fast track the "winner".
Customer service dummy me is still in the truck for a couple more weeks.
#$@%&)$%# !!!!!!!!

JKalchik

TVWBB All-Star
For several years (a LOT of years ago,) there was a fox that knew the sound of the hay mowditioner very well. He (or she, not makin' judgements...,) would show up 10-20 minutes after opening up a field, and sit in the field just where he wouldn't get run over by the tractor, less than 6' away. He'd watch the windrow intently, bounce into the air, come back down in the cut hay, and pop back up with a vole or field mouse in his mouth. He'd do this for a couple of hours easily, fastest way for his to get a fresh lunch. If we stopped the tractor and got out, he'd immediately run to the far side of the field.

Brad Olson

TVWBB Guru
Andre Braugher has been nominated 3 times for his work on Brooklyn Nine-Nine but has yet to win. The Emmys are clearly rigged.

Rusty James

TVWBB Gold Member
Anyone that lives in the Charlotte area needs to check this out...

I purchased a wagon load of hickory for $20.00. I gave away the outside (bark) portions and kept the heart wood for smoking, and I must tell you, the pork butts I have smoked with this wood is fantastic. This has to be some of the best Q I have ever made.

Last edited:

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Honor Circle
So, our 2 rescue doxies, Daisy and Levi, are crazy!
I put fresh food out every morning and they eat some after TCBing.
Then, they do what dogs do and lay around all day.
But, when it's time to go to bed, they try and scarf all the food up!
Crazy dogs!

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
made pretzel dogs again last night & they were as good as I remembered. Used Nathan's Cheese dogs, wrapped each with a slice of American before the dough. We just got back from a day in the desert otherwise I'd have liked to have smoked the dogs before cooking, maybe next time, but it was a long day & getting late.

I used thin crust pizza dough from a tube cut into 8 slices to accommodate the 8 dogs.

The difference between pretzel dogs & pigs in a blanket is just the 30 second boil in the baking soda water. I went a little heavy on the kosher salt, probably reduce that a bit next time.

20200523_191554.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: