Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

The next person who tells me "I would never live in Arizona it's too hot there" I'm going to choke them.

31605325587_27cbb346ca_z.jpg
[/url]100_4361 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

31605324987_7b51d33d5e_z.jpg
[/url]100_4362 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

At least the dogs like playing in it.
32672460188_259a07b9de_z.jpg
[/url]100_4366 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Yea that's weird Rich. This has been one of the most mildest Decembers in my area for the last 4 years. It's been raining all day and I would hate to see how much snow that would've produced.

Tim

It started snowing about 9am this morning and it's still coming down at 3pm six inches so far. For the last four years combined we've only had maybe one third of what has fallen today so far. I just hope it melts slowly so it gets a chance to be absorbed.

Last edited:
Normally, we don't get any snow around here until late January/early-mid February.
NC got creamed about 3 weeks ago.

Happy New Year to you all. I found a great group here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better. Thanks for tolerating me.

The next person who tells me "I would never live in Arizona it's too hot there" I'm going to choke them.

31605325587_27cbb346ca_z.jpg
[/URL]100_4361 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

31605324987_7b51d33d5e_z.jpg
[/URL]100_4362 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

At least the dogs like playing in it.
32672460188_259a07b9de_z.jpg
[/URL]100_4366 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Liz and I are going to visit your state, Rich.
Come March, we're stopping by to see our Brewers about 4 or 5 times
The snow should be gone by then. ;)

Happy New Year everyone!

eKJu9Ue.jpg

Last edited:
Rich if the rain we have had the last couple 3 days had been snow, it would have been measured in FEET not inches LOL. We got clobbered in November and despite all the warmth and rain we've had there are still piles of that storm around yet! Did I mention I hate snow? LOL. I can deal just fine with the cold. Even on cold (but dry) winter nights one would be surprised to find me on the deck in shorts and T shirt grilling away on the Genesis (the Wolf is pretty much a summer grill because of it's size and trouble to pull it out from under the eaves). So during winter the Genesis gets 99% of the grilling (prior to that nice Genesis Bruce helped me find it would have been the Summit).
But yeah December has been somewhat mild (not nearly as much as last year). Looking forward to rest of winter being mild and uneventful as well

This is very unusual for us Larry. This morning when I got up the temperature was 7 degrees that's the coldest its ever been since we moved here in 2002. It's now 9:30am and it just hit 12 degrees. Total snow fall yesterday was 7 inches and that set a record for Prescott Valley for the month of December.
Like I said before with my meds I can't tolerate the cold once I get chilled it takes hours for me to warm back up.

Liz and I are going to visit your state, Rich.
Come March, we're stopping by to see our Brewers about 4 or 5 times
The snow should be gone by then. ;)

Happy New Year everyone!

eKJu9Ue.jpg

Jim, I just read that Phoenix actually had snow fall in the northern suburbs yesterday. As long as we've lived here since 2002 I've never heard of that happening.

But the spring time in Phoenix is great, usually in the high 70s- mid 80s.

Why do dogs HAVE to stick their heads out of open car windows? Do they not like the smell of humans in the car ;) BTW, I don't
own a dog :D

Why do dogs HAVE to stick their heads out of open car windows? Do they not like the smell of humans in the car ;) BTW, I don't
own a dog :D

They seem to love that breeze. But they hate it if you blow in their face. Perhaps its just 'human breath'.

They are picking up all the smells. With the air blowing in to their nose they are getting a real time picture of the environment around them on their journey. For a dog it's kinda exhilarating/euphoric.

They are picking up all the smells. With the air blowing in to their nose they are getting a real time picture of the environment around them on their journey. For a dog it's kinda exhilarating/euphoric.

I had a friend of mine who claimed that you shouldn't do that, as it can hurt their ears.
I've never heard that anywhere else.
But she did take her car to the shop because she said the brakes weren't working right and was told to press the pedal harder. :rolleyes:

I had a friend of mine who claimed that you shouldn't do that, as it can hurt their ears.
I've never heard that anywhere else.
But she did take her car to the shop because she said the brakes weren't working right and was told to press the pedal harder. :rolleyes:

It can and has hurt dog ears. But it's not as dangerous as some would have you believe in my in my, I'm not a Veterinary expert, opinion. It's kinda like over worrying about what can happen while ignoring more immediate dangers.

Right.

Our dog (years ago) would about knock you down jumping into the car. The creaking of the door handle was all it took.

Right.

Our dog (years ago) would about knock you down jumping into the car. The creaking of the door handle was all it took.

We had a Golden Retriever that learned how to operate the power window in the back seat of our Ford explorer. We would be driving along and all of a sudden the window would go down and her head was out the window. Never could train her to roll it up and of course I couldn't put it up from the drivers seat with her head outside.

Back