Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Does California allow for controlled burning and selective timber harvesting in state-owned lands? Are most of these fires on state-owned lands or federally-owned forests?

Does California allow for controlled burning and selective timber harvesting in state-owned lands? Are most of these fires on state-owned lands or federally-owned forests?
As far as state and federally owned lands, I know California will let people get a permit and take home anything that is down or dead. They also do controlled Burns. I don't think you are allowed to do selective harvesting in less it is already fallin. I was hoping someone with more knowledge would chime in. To give you accurate answers I would have to look this stuff up.

As far as state and federally owned lands, I know California will let people get a permit and take home anything that is down or dead. They also do controlled Burns. I don't think you are allowed to do selective harvesting in less it is already fallin. I was hoping someone with more knowledge would chime in. To give you accurate answers I would have to look this stuff up.

I do know I will be happy when they get these fires under control. My in-laws have come over and told me about their family that has lost everything.

Sugarfire, from St Louis, has won the World's Best Sandwich Championship.
"
The winning sandwich was the Cuban Reuben. It’s stacked with smoked ham, stone ground mustard, pulled pork, pastrami, Swiss cheese and a pickle. All of that tasty goodness was stuffed between two sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches, which included provolone, white American cheese and horseradish mustard."

Sugarfire, from St Louis, has won the World's Best Sandwich Championship.
"
The winning sandwich was the Cuban Reuben. It’s stacked with smoked ham, stone ground mustard, pulled pork, pastrami, Swiss cheese and a pickle. All of that tasty goodness was stuffed between two sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches, which included provolone, white American cheese and horseradish mustard."

We ate at Sugarfire during Beercation 2017. I don't remember seeing that one.
Who am I kidding. With a good beercation, there's usually a lot that doesn't get remembered! :D

An Amazon package came today for Mrs Bob, shortly thereafter she got an email with a pic of it at our front door.
Guess we can't claim her Edison style light bulbs didn't arrive.

An Amazon package came today for Mrs Bob, shortly thereafter she got an email with a pic of it at our front door.
Guess we can't claim her Edison style light bulbs didn't arrive.

Not long ago people were afraid criminals would get UPS or FedEx costumes & drop dangerous packages on doorsteps - now we have unmarked cars & rented Uhaul box trucks speeding through residential neighborhoods delivering packages (most snap pics when delivered, I've never received the email pic).

Reminds me of a not-so-fresh meme:

60s+vs+now_8732bd_6451160.jpg

News report is that the fires around here are 100% contained. The rain from the past few days has cleared the air of all the smoke. Today for the first time in a while the sky is blue. Time to prepare the tri-tip for the grill.

News report is that the fires around here are 100% contained. The rain from the past few days has cleared the air of all the smoke. Today for the first time in a while the sky is blue. Time to prepare the tri-tip for the grill.

That's good to hear Jason!
Were under a Blizzard warning starting at 6 pm, gonna be a nasty cold stretch coming up for the next few days. Good time to do some "Cold Smoking" :wsm:

Tim

A man running a little behind schedule arrives at the cinema, goes in to watch the movie that has already started, and as his eyes adjust to the darkness, he is surprised to see a dog sitting beside its master in the row ahead, intently watching the movie.

It even seemed to be enjoying the movie: wagging its tail in the happy bits, drooping its ears at the sad bits, and hiding its eyes with its paws at the scary bits.

After the movie, the man approaches the dog's owner, "Wow, your dog really seemed to enjoy the movie. I'm amazed!"

"Yes, I can't believe it myself," came the reply. "He hated the book."

I never catch fish either....haha.....my dad has always told me it's not about the fish, it's about the fishing, it's not about the deer it's about the hunting.....the older I get (I'm only 32) the more I realize he is right. I go fishing with friends and they are so serious about it, it takes the fun out of it for me......changing out lures, bringing the down riggers up, bringing the down riggers down, whats the temperature of the water, too fast too slow.......ya de ya..........who cares, really?

Yep, it's the "act" of fishing that relaxes me. Especially out on the boat with my good pal and confidant Greg from the UK. It's a wonderful treat when we get to just sit on the boat with a line in the water and discuss all the "issues" of the world and if a hapless fish happens to jump on the hook well.....................so much the better

Back