Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Dpzv-wUW4AIbG01.jpg

I don't see a parachute.........

Remember when access to the Internet started with a CD? Found this while cleaning out computer stuff at my parent's house.

xPpyl4F.jpg

Remember when access to the Internet started with a CD? Found this while cleaning out computer stuff at my parent's house.

I remember that! We had those all over our house - literally used as coasters!
Remember the "Devils air raid siren" when dialing the isp & getting a connection?
Remember Netscape navigator?

,ha ha ha, I remember long distance phone bills...or even a party line that my grandparents had for their phone line. Now I look back, and we haven't had a home phone (land line) in over 15 years..
Tim

,ha ha ha, I remember long distance phone bills...or even a party line that my grandparents had for their phone line. Now I look back, and we haven't had a home phone (land line) in over 15 years..
Tim

I keep telling Pammi that we don't really need a land line as no one calls us on it.
But she says that she doesn't want to get rid of it.
The only thing I use it for is calling in prescription refills and camping reservations!

I keep telling Pammi that we don't really need a land line as no one calls us on it.
But she says that she doesn't want to get rid of it.
The only thing I use it for is calling in prescription refills and camping reservations!

Phil, have you ever tried https://www.recreation.gov/ ? It's the link to all of the Core of Engineers campgrounds (and state parks I think). We absolutely love every campground we have been to through this site. Large flat sights that are all very well maintained. And the rates are phenomenal as well. If you haven't already, you have to give it a try, I promise you won't be disappointed!
Tim

Gave up on landline a long time ago as well. Could not see gobs of $$$$ to GTE/Verizon/Frontier or whatever they call themselves for over priced crappy service

Phil, have you ever tried https://www.recreation.gov/ ? It's the link to all of the Core of Engineers campgrounds (and state parks I think). We absolutely love every campground we have been to through this site. Large flat sights that are all very well maintained. And the rates are phenomenal as well. If you haven't already, you have to give it a try, I promise you won't be disappointed!
Tim

Not yet! I've heard good things about the COE parks.

I've been dealing with a dog having to get adjusted to the time change later tonight.
I stalled her five o' clock feeding to five thirty and got the stink-eye for thirty minutes.

How bout those Chicago Bears?
give Trub a couple more years and I can see them doing some damage.
however, he, like all very young QBs in the league, needs to stop running for yards and getting hit... slide and save your life (career).

I thought the Bears were foolish for trading up one spot to take him (I believe he would have been there anyway) and slightly surprised they chose him, given his limited exposure (started 10 or so college games)…. but with the right coaches, they may have a real smart and talented field commander.

and, being a Packer fan, I don't mind him being successful. I actually liked Jay Cutler. Only wish he played better against The Pack.

Yeah, the Bears may be for real.
now, the question is, when will the Lions start playing football? (of course, i'm saying all these words before The Packers take on the Boston Patriots away from Lambeau. :rolleyes: )

Back