Rack of Pork

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
One of my favorite things about Easter (aside from Cadbury caramel eggs) is that Costco stocks rack of pork during the holiday. :) I grabbed one this weekend, and got around to cooking it last night. I trimmed off a three bone roast, and then cut the rest into bone-in chops (vac packed and frozen for later.) I mixed up some dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, salt pepper and a splash of sherry vinegar into a paste. I slathered that on the pork, and let it sit all day in the fridge. In the evening, I fired up the grill to 385F, and got the pork going:

IMG_7940.jpeg

I didn't feel like foiling the drip tray, so I just went with the drip pan! :) I let the pork go until about 135F internal temp, then cranked the grill to 425F to finish up to my target temp of 142F. When I hit temp, I removed the pork, and let rest on my cutting board for about 10 minutes:

IMG_7941.jpeg

The roast turned out super juicy and tender, with enough leftover for my lunch today:

IMG_7942.jpeg

I may need to go grab a couple more from Costco to have on hand when the mood strikes. Good stuff!

Rich

Rich,
Great looking cook!!! The level of juiciness and color of that meat oh man!!! I have to get myself another one of these minus the chine bone this time. I think I will get one here soon to put on my new Rotisserie!

Love it! How'd you cut the chine or does Costco remove it?
Sam's has them for $ 1.28 and $ 1.68 LB can't tell the difference between the two but the back bone and chine are still attached.
Time to break out the Sawzall.

Love it! How'd you cut the chine or does Costco remove it?
Sam's has them for $ 1.28 and $ 1.68 LB can't tell the difference between the two but the back bone and chine are still attached.
Time to break out the Sawzall.
@timothy, no chine on the one I got from CostCo. You still have to wiggle the knife in between the bones of the joint at the end, but it's pretty easy, and I was able to quickly cut some even thickness chops without much effort.

R

Looks great Rich, I missed out on them around Christmas, hope my Costco has some left.

Yeah buddy! I want that on my plate! Side of mashed taters, sautéed apples and onions with sauerkraut, mmmmmm!

Yeah buddy! I want that on my plate! Side of mashed taters, sautéed apples and onions with sauerkraut, mmmmmm!
Thanks, Case. Was darn tasty! I've got some of the chops from that roast queued up for my dinner tonight. :)

Back