Prime New York Steaks

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Found these at Costco yesterday. Had them for dinner last night along with a couple of bakers and some asparagus.

The sides.

Got the steaks on some high heat, salt and pepper only. Also got the CI Dish heating up.

Got the gus in the tray for about 7 or 8 minutes, salt and pepper and a little OO. The spuds are in the JJ on indirect for about an hour.

Cooked steaks about 4 minutes a side until 125 IT.

Plate.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
They look delicious.

I've been contemplating a Costco membership for a few years now. Every time I go, their "prime" steaks don't look any better than the Choice grade I get at my local supermarket. Granted, I go through the selection and pick out those that look best to me, but so far, I've been able to do better.

Cliff, that is an excellent sear on thoes steaks! Looking at yours as inspiration, I will try and up my game the next time I cook steak!

The plated shot is pure money! I have been on a run of steak cooks lately and I don't know that I have put out anything that looks that good.

Technique question Cliff, is there a reason you did the asparagus in the cocotte? I generally go straight to grate on the cooler side. Simple curiosity.

Technique question Cliff, is there a reason you did the asparagus in the cocotte? I generally go straight to grate on the cooler side. Simple curiosity.

Just experimenting Timothy. Saw someone here do something similar a while back and wanted to give it a try. Came out great!

I'm definitely liking this post, Cliff. Nice actions shots of a couple perfectly cooked hunks o' beef!

They look delicious.

I've been contemplating a Costco membership for a few years now. Every time I go, their "prime" steaks don't look any better than the Choice grade I get at my local supermarket. Granted, I go through the selection and pick out those that look best to me, but so far, I've been able to do better.

I got some prime NY steaks from Costco back in 2009 that were very good. I'd give them a try next time you see them.

cliff, this is one of my favorite steak meal combinations, looks to done just prefect, i like how did the asparagus, it turned out great. I just need to know one thing? What time is dinner being served......
Great photos also.

Back