pbbe04112020c.jpg

setup the 22"WSM with Weber briqs and apple wood

pbbe04112020f.jpg

double racked/stacked

pbbe04112020g.jpg

smoked at 250ºF for 3 hours

pbbe04112020h.jpg
pbbe04112020i.jpg

after 3 hours, i removed them from the rack, placed close on foil, dumped honey over them,
then poured some bourbon over them... tightly closed the foil...

pbbe04112020k.jpg

pbbe04112020l.jpg
kept them on the WSM for another 1½hours
not every step to complete these are documented in this post, but you can fine the entire recipe here:

pbbe04112020m.jpg

these were good! lotsa messin' around tho'

Dang, Jim! Still crushing it this week with fantastic meals! I've never done pork belly burnt ends, but this makes me want to! Wow!

R

I can smell those burnt ends from here....Yum....and thanks for the recipe Jim.
I want to try that using the snake/fuse method on the 26R....Anybody?

Those look awesome Jim! I have never seen pork belly in the stores down here, I guess I'll have to start paying better attention and find some!
Tim

Thanks everyone for your kind words 😋 very nice of all of you! but no deserving... please read more below....

I've only made burnt ends with brisket point. After seeing yours Jim I'm convinced I'll have to try the pork belly version.
ya know Cliff, these are good.... but they're NOT like... AWESOME! Brisket burnt ends are sooooo Much more appealing AND tastier!
I may not make these again, but brisket BE's, certainly because the texture, flavour and C😎😎LNESS is much better, in my opinion.

Yum...bet they tasted good. I made my first ever brisket burnt ends this past week and not sure why I ever waited so long. Good stuff!

Back