Pork Steak for Two

Yes, it seems to me ....... that the month of March has lasted for an entire year .......... its never gonna end.

That pork steak looks delicious, how thick was it cut ? I've got a couple of pork steaks cut 1 and 1/2 inch. Still developing a game plan on how to grill em .

That pork steak looks delicious, how thick was it cut ? I've got a couple of pork steaks cut 1 and 1/2 inch. Still developing a game plan on how to grill em .
Thanks Lynn!
This one was skinny, so I flipped it several times over pretty high heat, then off the heat with sauce for a bit, then over the heat being careful to not let the sauce burn.
For 1.5" steaks I'd go indirect until you figure they're about done, then over the fire to crisp up a bit.
To make them really tender put them in a bath of sauce (beer added optional) cover with foil and keep on the grill indirect for at least a half hour, more won't hurt. Foil half pans work great for this method.

Seeing your steaks is bad timing for me... I've been in the mood for some and now you've got me craving one! Last night we lost power for 3 hours. No real biggie; I planned to do the chicken breasts and dinner rolls on the Q 3200 and the Steamfresh frozen veggies in the microwave, so all I had to change was steaming them in a small pot in the grill... until I ran out of gas during the preheat. Then I had to fire up some ole faithful KBB. Four years ago I was clueless about how to use a Kettle... it is a good feeling to know how to use one and to enjoy it :)

Bob, was it you that posted pics of a pork steak cook about 4-5 years ago where you put them in a sauce bath in a foiled pan? We just had some thin pork steaks on the kettle tonite and I reminded my wife that I still need to try that method out.

Bob, was it you that posted pics of a pork steak cook about 4-5 years ago where you put them in a sauce bath in a foiled pan? We just had some thin pork steaks on the kettle tonite and I reminded my wife that I still need to try that method out.
Very well could have been me.
Here's one of my silly posts from 2012:

Very well could have been me.
Here's one of my silly posts from 2012:
Yep, that is the one! I had bought a couple 1.25" pork steaks a few years back to try that out. Had them in the fridge and was ready to make them on a Tuesday evening. Unfortunately, I ended up having a major diverticulitis attack that Monday morning and had to have emergency surgery Monday evening. Never got around to making pork steaks like that. That is going to change very soon. Thanx!

Hey Bob, running low on film? :D
Pork Steaks look AWESOME, as usual!
The Pork King has many pork steak posts and, as the one above, here is one of my favourites:

Back