Traditional St Louis Pork Steaks

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Lots of great looking pork steak cooks on here lately, hope these are worthy.

I like to go low and slow with smokewood added, but decided to do these the old St Louie way.
The steaks go on directly over the coals, with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
IMGP2166.JPG

You open the hood, flip 'em, close the hood.
Take a few sips of beer, and repeat.
(this is impressive to guests, it looks like you're some kind of grill Pro or something)
IMGP2175.JPG

Now, when they're about done, you or one of your buddies starts talking sports.
"Hey, how 'bout that Cardinal game last night!"
This send the gals inside to work on the side dishes.
IMGP2177.JPG

With the ladies out of sight, the meat goes into a bbq sauce bath, with beer added, if your bottle isn't empty.
You cover them with foil, and join your buddies around the beer cooler.
IMGP2189.JPG

You then cook whatever else needs cooking.
IMGP2191.JPG

One other tip, keep the tongs in your non-beer hand at all times!
When your wife comes out to see when the meat will be ready, you snap them at her and say: "Not too much longer Honey"

It's also a nice touch to tie a bandana around your head before you take in the food, it helps give sympathy for the poor hot GrillMaster.

But, it was just Jo Anne and I last night, and she knows very well how the game is played.
IMGP2208.JPG

IMGP2210.JPG

Bottom line, the steaks are cooked fairly hot and fast, then tenderized in the sauce for however long the beer supply lasts.

Thanks for putting up with my nonsense!

Last edited:
Wow Bob, those look outstanding. Nice action shot with flare-up around the steak. Only can be pulled off by the trained professional!

More than worthy Bob!! Those really look great!! I don't know what meal is more popular around here....pork steaks or pepper stout beef??

The PORK STEAK KING Strikes Again!

OK! I'll play the game if THIS ▼ IS ▼ THE ▼ WAY...

IMGP2208.JPG

I've said it before and I'll say it over and over and over again until EVERYONE knows:
Bob Correll IS
THE PORK STEAK KING!

Last edited:
Awesome Bob and I love the play by play. :) Looks like a winner meal. Thanks for sharing your secret to perfect pork steaks!

Now you've done it Bob, now that beef backs are crossed of my bucket list, pork steaks are up next (maybe pepper stout beef). Going to do my usual scouring of the board but I guess I need only to scour you profile, great looking meal.

Super looking pork steaks and sides and well the whole darn cook was sweet! Bob you are the pork steak king!

Back