Pork rib roast

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
A few weeks ago I was at the Festival Foods meat counter when I heard a voice say, "I'd sure like to go home with you." At first I thought it was the blonde standing next to me but it turned out to be this instead:

PorkLoinRoast20201104_1.jpg

I rubbed it with a paste of garlic, salt, pepper and oil and let it rest in the fridge overnight.

PorkLoinRoast20201104_3.jpg

It's been a long time since I grilled a pork roast and didn't use the rotisserie. Mostly charcoal with just a little bit of apple for flavor, and I ran the spit perpendicular to the bones so that they and the fat cap would get better exposure to the fire.

PorkLoinRoast20201104_4.jpg

It was around 135 or so when I took it into the house and let it rest about 15 minutes or so before slicing. It wasn't all that pink at first but the leftovers gained some color overnight, and the flavor was very good. Neither the garlic nor the wood were overpowering; they worked well together.

PorkLoinRoast20201104_5.jpg

PorkLoinRoast20201104_6.jpg

It was a lot of meat for 2 people and we had plenty left, so a couple of days later I used some of it to make some wet burritos - they look like enchiladas but I used flour tortillas, and enchiladas are made with corn tortillas.

PorkLoinWetBurritos20201106_1.jpg

PorkLoinWetBurritos20201106_2.jpg

Both of those dinners look amazing, I really like the look of your enchiladas 😉. I heep looking at the rotisserie and think I have to add one to my set up. I keep thinking do I want the rotisserie for the kettle or the large WSM 18 as my next big spend...

Funny, the bone-in pork roasts always seem to talk to me when I see them, too (though that is rare!) Of course, it's possible the roast was talking to the blonde?

Great looking spin cook, and burritos! Couple of nice cooks you've posted today, Brad.

R

Yes, please. Those cooks look outstanding, Brad.

My problem is, when I hear that voice saying "I want to go home with you" it always ends up being the ghost of Don Knotts.

Rack of pork, "It's whats for dinner" Thats a beauty Brad, bet the lamb enchiladas were different but tasty also.

Both meals look great! Love pork chops but can rarely find a pork rib roast. Rotisserie is perfect for this cut.

Same thing happened to me94372298-8FAB-4767-87F7-DA1CE04B7EC3.jpeg
We had a big grill fest and I did a chicken on the same cook, it was done first. So, I this was just slightly underdone when I pulled it and popped it in the fridge. The two of us enjoyed amazingly good reheated slices on Monday. It was just in the eat case and it called to me too!

Back