Pork Chops and Dirty Rice

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I've been saving up recipes for the past two or three months and Pork Chops and Dirty Rice immediately caught my eye, probably the latter! :D Here's some pic's.

Aside from the obvious items there's fresh thyme, cajun seasoning, long grain rice, garlic, scallions, onion, red bell pepper, chorizo and chicken broth.

DSC_4609 (Large).JPG

Chops in the oil for a five minute sear, one side only.

DSC_4612 (Large).JPG

Pulled chops and sweated the onion, peppers, asparagus and chorizo

DSC_4619 (Large).JPG

Stirred in the rice, thyme, Cajun seasoning and garlic and stirred it for a few seconds. DSC_4623 (Large).JPG

Then stirred in broth and reduced to a simmer.

DSC_4626 (Large).JPG

Placed the chops in the pan and covered with with juices. Covered and let roll for around 15 minutes.

DSC_4628 (Large).JPG

Removed the chops to rest while the rice finished cooking and liquids were gone.

DSC_4631 (Large).JPG

Plated it up. This was an outstanding dinner. The chops were good but not the greatest cuts I've ever had. Maybe 1/2 inch thick on bone end and a couple of them about 1/4 inch on outer end. Consequently, nailed my 145ish finished internal temps up by the bone and more like 160 on the skinnier end. Still plenty good though. The vegetables were amazing and the star of the cook.

DSC_4633 (Large).JPG

Hope you're all enjoying hump day and thank you once again for looking.

Last edited:
The chops were good but not the greatest cuts I've ever had. Maybe 1/2 inch thick on bone end and a couple of them about 1/4 inch on outer end.
They do look good and there's nothing wrong with a dry run to learn for next time.;)

Last edited:
That's a great looking meal, Cliff!! You have that Santa Maria set up dialed in!! Hopefully, I'll remember this one the next time I'm looking for something to do with chops!! :)

R

That looks great Cliff, really like the the rice. Don't know what's going on with pork chops, I haven't had an evenly cut or not as tuff as shoe leather chop in a long time.

wow, Cliff - that looks really good - it also seems like its probably one of those fun cooks as well.. We'll have to give it a whirl at some point..!

Back