Pepper Stout Beef

hello everyone - I've done a few chuck roasts with varying degrees of success. This weekend I finally had the time and all the ingredients for the "true to recipe" version of PSB. All I can say is - WOW. Great stuff!!!

For some reason i find it very hard to find chuck roasts around me. I have seen something like "Shoulder Chuck" roast. Is this the same thing?

I know I'm late to the party for this but I have to chime in:

THIS WAS AMAZING!

Thank you for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to make it again.

It's on my list of to do things! I'm hoping to make it while it is still cold out (well, what passes for cold in the Bay Area).

Anybody have another way to eat it besides on a roll?

Glad you made it and it was delicious. Can't wait to try it soon.

Laura

Laura

I gave this a quick go 3 nights ago. Used Top Round and tried to shorten the cook time. I also added in 3 small chunks of hickory. By using a leaner cut and trying to speed the cook time I got what I expected, a tough chunk of beef. I sliced it super thin and despite it being a bit tough it was delicious. My wife devoured a sandwich in no time flat and I took the leftovers to my team's planning session the next day. BBQ= good way to make new friends at the office.

Next tim I'll plan ahead, I came across this PSB and within 30 minutes I was at the store, back home and smoking. Finding the right cut and having enough time are key

Just tossed a 3.5lb chuck roast on the wsm. Don't have any Stouts in the house, so I either need to run to the store, or just use what's in the house. Looking forward to an awesome dinner tonight!

Made this for first time yesterday. Very tasty, but way to hot for my family. Will be cutting the jalapenos next time.

Don't cut the jalapenos! Just cut seeds and the light colored membrane. That's where the heat is!

Just made this for the forth time. Great as usual. My wife thinks it is too hot for her so I did two batches, one regular and one with the seeds and membranes of the jalapenos out. Put part of a yellow pepper in so I could tell them apart. Came out perfect heat for her. My son and I love it full strength. We can always spice up her batch when we run out of ours. This is my go to smoker meal now.

Ok. Going to try this tomorrow but I need an idea of how many people this thing will feed. So, how many?

Back