Penzeys spices

Our drawer is filled with Penzey's spices, but that is because we live 5 minutes from their headquarters and main retail store. Good stuff.

Have been a satisfied Penzey's customer for 10 years ! Also a Soupbase customer. (Note : Soupbase makes Harry Soo's rubs and sauces )

My father started using Penzeys way back when they were nothing but a mimeograph four page “catalog”. I’ve been using them for many years, excellent quality! I liked their hard catalog better than the online set up, it’s kind of cumbersome in my mind but, that’s just me. The up side is I have a friend that is very close to the office in Milwaukee and there is a branch in Grand Rapids roughly an hour away so, when I head north, I just make the extra few miles and stop in there.

Our drawer is filled with Penzey's spices, but that is because we live 5 minutes from their headquarters and main retail store. Good stuff.
That’s a beautiful store! I used to go to the one out on Bluemound road when I was on the road.just down from the mammoth Kopps burger and custard place, talk about a nice burger joint!

That’s a beautiful store! I used to go to the one out on Bluemound road when I was on the road.just down from the mammoth Kopps burger and custard place, talk about a nice burger joint!
You are right in my backyard. I love Kopp's. In case you were wondering, the flavors of the day are Chocolate Malt and Turtle Sundae custard. :)

Been using Penzeys for years great stuff, have to do it by mail as the closest store is in Phoenix 100 miles away.

I will never forget the veal porterhouse I had there once, amazing! 25 years ago.
There was Karl Ratches downtown too, I understand they’ve closed?
or was it “The Boulevards” with the red velvet brothel wallpaper that closed? Could be both I suppose. Both places were so wonderfully “White Linen”, coat and tie, elegant hold outs to days now long gone. The expense account got a workout up there!

I have replaced all of my store bought spices with Penzey’s, it took a while but was worth the difference in quality and freshness.

No argument that Penzey's are purveyors of quality products.

If you're looking for dried chilis and the like, a mercado will have a great selection, along with bulk packs of cumin, coriander, etc. And Indian grocery stores will also have bulk packs of a LOT of different spices. Yes, this probably is limited to people close to a major metro area.

Yeah, I had to look it up.
Bill Penzey SR and his wife started the Spice House and their daughter took it over.
Bill Penzey JR started the store that carries their name.

I understood, a few years ago, that Bill's sister and her husband were happy to welcome to Spice House any customers that
her brother had offended.

I wish the Spice House would duplicate the Breakfast Sausage Seasoning mix that the other place sells...I really miss that seasoning.

Back